Friday, November 21, 2014

Week 25 - Still Alive…with Sharpie



Here we are, just one week shy of the mid year point for this contest. I am not sure if that is to say that it will last a year, but if it did, we'd be nearly halfway through. Here is a recent entry that needs no explanation*.

October 4, 2014

Dear Sharpies,

Let me get right to the chisel point…I underestimated you, and I am sorry. You see, a project fell into my lap at the last minute yesterday. My son needed eight t-shirts, each boldly displaying a letter, so he and seven of his friends could spell something out for the senior class photo of over six-hundred kids. I needed big letters. I wandered around the craft store with my armful of white t-shirts trying to focus on what the sales associate was showing me for lettering options. I finally just went with my gut and left her for the Sharpie aisle.

There they were! All of the awesome colors and styles that dazzle my teenage daughter as well, but that is a tale for a different time. There is just something about a Sharpie though – so unique and trustworthy in its staying power. I grabbed three of the largest black Sharpies, as I certainly couldn’t expect one Sharpie to handle the task I had at hand.
Not only did I get through all eight shirts with ONE marker (is it okay to call them markers?), but my son wanted last names and “2015” on the back of each. Mission accomplished, and there is still life left!

Thank you for helping this frazzled mom keep her sanity by making the t-shirt task so simple. I may have also underestimated the powerful aroma of a giant Sharpie, but that was nothing a little fresh air between letters couldn’t cure.

Permanently yours,
Andrea 

Mother, blogger, doodler, labeler

*OK, maybe you'd like some explanation as to how the group decided on what their shirts would spell. I cannot help you there, as I watched part of the process and am still uncertain.

Did Sharpie accept my apology for underestimating their felt-tipped color magic? Well it took me awhile to figure out exactly who had responded based on the company name and then having to scan the letterhead to figure out who I had written to. 
The good news, apparently, is that if I have any questions I can respond directly to their email…meaning this piece of paper that came in a stamped envelope with no email address included. THERESA, HOW CAN I FIND YOU?! Oops, sorry, got carried away.

A point is a point, so I will take it!
CURRENT TOTAL = 54 POINTS

3 comments:

  1. I just ordered two sets of the oil based markers from Sharpie. Wish me luck as I attempt several arts and crafts projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without a few Sharpies around the house. Rubbermaid office products? Strange, but congratulations on your letter.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hoard my Sharpies around here.
    Flat Kari likes them too.

    ReplyDelete