Friday, November 7, 2014

Week 23 - Woe is me!

Well look at this contest still rolling along. Wait, did you say limping? Are you suggesting that I am running out of steam and/or points? Slow and steady people! Although our main computer that houses important stuff like five years of photos, three years of NaNoWriMo documents, and of course my company letters, is currently under the weather. The diagnosis was not so grim, but the treatment plan was terrible, so we are relocating it to a different facility...fingers crossed. 

Luckily, in my Wilma Flintstone fashion, I do have most of my letter drafts scribbled out in pencil on lined paper. Apparently the scratch of lead on paper is more motivational to me than the clickety-clack of the keyboard, or that blinking cursor is just far too daunting. 

Let's bring some balance to the candy festival this week and go with Kashi!

Dear Kashi,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways, beginning with Cinnamon Crumble cereal. A bowl of this cinnamony goodness is one of the only quick breakfasts I can grab that doesn't leave me ready to chew my arm off from hunger within two hours. I can function until lunch time. I did have a moment of panic the last time I was grocery hopping, as I did not see the familiar box, and hope it is back soon. In the meantime, I can sprinkle cinnamon on Go Lean.

When I start my day with your whole grains, I am more likely to think twice before putting garbage in my mouth for the rest of the day. I try to keep your chewy granola bars in my purse for any emergencies I may encounter. Recently though I was caught with only mints to keep me going, coupled with a cookie craving. I bought a box of your Chocolate Almond Butter cookies. There were so many reasons I grabbed these: the words "cookie" and "soft-baked", 10 g whole grains, the name Kashi and the photo...mmm. I was not disappointed! (Except for when I saw that one cookie equaled one serving.)

I just realized while typing this that I am getting hungry, and haven't had your fire roasted vegetable crackers in awhile. I have to fix both situations. Oh my gosh! I just noticed on my cookie box that you have Oatmeal Dark Chocolate.

Thank you,
Andrea

Did the crunchies at Kashi hear my crunching and respond? Why yes, I did get a letter back.
Can you tell that I don't know how to edit photos on my little laptop, or if I can?
I have a sneaking suspicion that if I had indicated a problem with their grains, there might have been a coupon in that envelope as well. Oh well! One point for me!


Current total = 47 points


Check out the competition! (She did not post last week, and while I mentioned a few weeks back, to her, that there would be a one point penalty for any week without a letter, we will let this one slide with a warning.)

6 comments:

  1. You got some Kashi love! Hefty isn't speaking to me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kashi pisses me off b/c they put almonds and nuts in everything. Kinda messes up people with nut allergies. :( It'd be great if they could put out some products that were nut free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont see any almonds or nuts in the ingredient list or allergen info for the Cinnamon crumble cereal (only checked that item) https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/cold-cereal/kashi-golean-crisp-cinnamon-crumble-cereal

      Delete
  3. I will have to look into this cinnamon crumble cereal--it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that cinnamon crumble sounds good but isn't kashi heathy? I am more of a captain crunch kind of girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang...Kashi is yummy, but expensive! They really should have sent you some freebies!!!!

    -No "e"

    ReplyDelete