Thursday, April 4, 2019

D is for...

Don't Cha?... The Pussycat Dolls, 2005

The time has finally come when I ought to celebrate the aughts and the music they brought for the a-z challenge this year


Have you ever been singing along with the radio, having no idea what words are passing over your lips? I guess I would liken it to when you travel the same route over and over, and just sort of arrive at the destination with no conscious effort made to consider your path. There I was on autopilot, badly in need of Auto-Tune, not paying much attention to the song lyrics coming from the speakers. However, my ears perked up when my then five year old daughter joined the chorus "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?" Hm...Interesting. Adorable. Uncomfortable. Funny.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny. Reminds me of the Friends episode when they put the baby to sleep singing I love big butts . . .
    When it is your own daughter, thought, then you have to stop and wonder.
    http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/
    E is for: Elderly Fare at Cork Market

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Have you heard this song in "Wild Hogs"? I wanted to cut my ears off!

    Ronel visiting from the A-Z Challenge with Music and Writing: Something Different

    ReplyDelete