Tuesday, April 2, 2019

B is for...

Breakeven...The Script, 2008


The time has finally come when I ought to celebrate the aughts and the music they brought for the a-z challenge this year

By the time today's song was released, I had refined my chauffeur skills. I was increasingly outvoted for music selecting rights. Top forty pop music was often the order of the day. It was fun to taunt unsuspecting passengers with the first line of the chorus - loudly and with feeling. Now that both kids have left for college, that question on its own, "What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?" has crossed my mind from time to time. I suppose the entire chorus, outside the context of the song, has taken on even more meaning as our car drives away.

3 comments:

  1. I loved that song and it still pulls at my heart. Good choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song but when I listen to it in the car, the siren part always makes me turn the radio down and think I am being pulled over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great song by a great band :-) Scary flashbacks, though ;-)

    Ronel visiting from the A-Z Challenge with Music and Writing: Let's Talk Boybands

    ReplyDelete