Saturday, April 14, 2018

L is for

Lilies of the Valley...David Byrne, 1994

Trying to recapture part of the soundtrack from my life during the 90's is my theme for the a-z challenge this year

Sure I knew who David Byrne was back in 1994. He was the man in the suit, singer for the Talking Heads. I had just started dating this guy, who happened to later become my husband, and he had tickets to see David Byrne. Not too shabby of a second date. I had some minor concerns about not being familiar with any of Byrne's solo stuff, but maybe not having to squash the desire to sing along would not be a bad thing.

It was a fantastic show, as was the show in 2008 that I pretended my husband was dragging me to. I had not heard any of the new material since most of the cds in my van at that time were kid requested. Not only was the music catchy as usual, but they did this kind of performance art stuff to go along with it. People sort of dancing around with and on rolling office chairs is what I remember the most. 

One of the things this challenge is showing me is how many concerts we went to in the nineties. Thankfully, David Byrne is on the schedule once again for this August. The cd came free with each ticket purchased, so I have actually heard the songs this time. (I hope that doesn't spoil anything.)

Enjoy this funky beat...

No comments:

Post a Comment