Saturday, April 7, 2018

F is for...

Few and Far Between...10,000 Maniacs, 1992

Trying to recapture part of the soundtrack from my life during the 90's is my theme for the a-z challenge this year


This. Song. Oh my goodness! Not only was I a huge 10,000 Maniacs fan, but I dare say these lyrics have meant more to me than any others. I was in my early twenties, faced with a need to move forward. This song helped me realize that I was not unique in having regrets, and I basically needed to get over myself. I still need to hear it every now and then.


4 comments:

  1. They opened for the Dead in Buffalo, NY on July 4th 1989. She seemed to be having an off night or maybe she was just weirded out by the Deadheads. I remember she stopped in the middle of a song and said something about a person in front of her, down on the floor but I was up in the stands and couldn't see what was going on. Possible a fainting issue or a bad trip. It kinda rattled her the rest of their set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good tune. Natalie has such a unique voice too. It stays with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her! I double dated with her and her date in 1985 in Tuscaloosa. She's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEEEEE!!!! I love them! Love, love, love them. Love Natalie Merchant!!! I still listen to her old stuff.

    ReplyDelete