Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Fairly questionable random

I know I keep saying I just did something "for the first time in three years", but I do think this might be the last of such events...The Fair! The Great New York State Fair...highlighted in various past randoms here, herehere and here

And now, the 2022 return to the Fair...just a peek...
"You talking about me?"
"I cannot be bothered"
"Were you talking about a lamb having fur loved right off?"
"And did you also say something about sheep's clothing?"
"Continental Cock means I'm fancy"
"Does this pose make you want to take me home?"

That was a lot to hear from the animals, but this sign speaks for itself...
...and my inner twelve year old heard it loud and clear!

My son just acting casual waiting for his kangaroo on a stick...
...he refused to pose with his snack next to the "kangaroo crossing" sign. Since we've moved on to food...
...the summer cuse pizza...
...deep fried peach pie...
...maple cotton candy, and of course...
...MILK! I went rogue this year and got strawberry. The other reason to wander about in the dairy building obviously is...
...the butter "sculpture". It doesn't fascinate me as much as it used to after seeing a behind the scenes story on how they make it, but tradition is tradition. Its celebration of Title IX may have fair-ed better than the sand version...
...I had just moved into prime viewing position when I heard the group next to me commenting on the perversity of it, and then I couldn't unsee the oddity!

Luckily I was able to calm down for a few moments watching the taffy pull!

We beat the traffic, heat and the crowds, so the trip went in the win column!

1 comment: