Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Space holder/Delayed random recap

Don't be concerned, or excited for that matter, about seeing me back here again already. I spent weeks hoping to gain momentum to start blogging again, but the flaw in my plan may have been the expectation that said momentum was going to just be foating along for me to grab. Instead, let's try to build momentum, indicating that I will have to be an active participant and add some things. I know that today is Tuesday, a day most commonly reserved for some random, so I scrolled through my phone and decided the least I could do was provide some nice photos for you to look at while I occupy this space. 

This one is just a quick reminder...
...for me to not be a slug! This little friend greeted me when I went out for my walk the other day, as if I needed a reminder to move along.

There is one opportunity for us each year to get this photo, and this year was certainly not our best effort. 
 But alas, for the first time since 2019 we had arrived! Flags were flying to welcome us!
Seals came closer than we'd ever seen to give their best!
Even the rocks and findings seemed to be looking!
 
Come on, that looks like an eyeball, right?! Cracked me up, admittedly moreso than it did anyone else. Plus, I am a sucker for the tiny round rocks.

How about some more Cape Cod offerings? Here's a monarch!
Here's an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail! 
(Always good to have a bird/bug expert in your contacts. She knows I will believe any response she gives me, but I don't think she takes advantage of her power.)

How about some signs of love in nature? (Were you thinking "How about less exclamation points?" Too bad!)
You see it, right? I love heart shapes! I also love hydrangeas, so imagine the thrill...
Can you stand it? Perfection!

To wrap things up, there was a lot of this look...
And when your niece wants to practice her beading skills, and every instinct tells you to be a good sport...
...because you hope the photo will be worth it!
Yes, that look did make one trip to the beach, and yes those beads were removed before the car reached the end of the street when she left the next day.

Just a couple more before we go...

Wave therapy!

Well, in one week I've gotten some random photos off my phone and thoughts that were running a loop out of my mind. I wonder what new things that cleared up space for. Make no mistake, there are plenty of other topics fighting for air time, so we'll just have to see who is loudest.

Thank you for being here! I know I keep saying it, but please know I keep meaning it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the Cape, almost makes me want to jump in the car for the 7-8 hour drive, NOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, these are lovely. It looks like you had a fun time. ❤️

    ReplyDelete