Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Let's. Do. This.

Is this thing on? Do I remember how to make this happen? (Based on how long it took and how much trouble I had loading the photos, the smart money says no, no I do not.) It's seemed a little lame lately to tell people "I have a blog", and then add "but I haven't written anything in awhile." Sure there were some fits and starts earlier in the year, and sure I can say this time will be different, but why would I set us up like that. Let's just see what happens and hope for the best (whatever that may be). 

It's less daunting to just shake out some random, so here goes! Since we were together last, the girl earned her undergraduate degree...
...and will work on honing her champagne spray photo op technique, or at the very least wear safety goggles, for when she completes her doctorate in physical therapy in 2024. Barbie obviously taught her that she could be anything...
...while she didn't opt for rhythmic gymnast or pet photographer, we're still proud.

The boy had a birthday that seemed to be an alarming number to me...
...just keep baking...and eating candy! And while these...
...were the m&m's I was looking for...
...they were really not the m&m's we were looking for. Tasted like equal parts disappointment and sadness.

How about that swamp ass heat we had?
Friends don't let friends grocery shop when there is a situation,  but strangers apparently don't really know what to do aside from documenting the occurrence. I know I needed some personal space during those ninety degree days...
...and this seems like the perfect way to tell people to get the hell away from you without saying "get the hell away from me". Then I saw a portal to serenity...
...you guys, A PORTAL TO SERENITY!!!!! Get my credit card, let's order several! Um...It is a LITTERBOX! Go get me my screen pod!
Or maybe we all just need to share our life jackets! And snacks, we most definitely need more snacks. Perhaps something healthy this time...
...what in the fresh produce hell?!
A less offensive, but also slightly less amusing, angle. How about a chip...
...posing as a crab shell? (And my thumb nails weren't appetizing either.)

Back when my siblings were little, they would put Dixie cups over crickets found inside until an adult  arrived on the scene to release them back into the wild. I was reminded of those sweet days when I came across this scene in the bathroom upstairs...
...that was being shared by three people over the age of twenty...and the bug under it was dead...and apparently had already expired when cup was placed! Somebody told me it was "too early in the day" to deal with such a thing.

This struck me when I went to retrieve Marlene's chair from the nursing home...
...as if she'd just stepped out and they kept her seat labeled in the kindergarten circle.

Ok folks, we did it. It might not have been pretty, but it was something. A valiant attempt to right the ship. For the first time since 2019 I made the jam...
...made the salsa...
...made the pickles...
...and of course, wore the onion goggles (and yes, they work)! I wonder why I'm trying to keep busy...

I've been seeing the facebook posts of parents bringing their kids to college, and had such empathy for them. Then I remembered that our daughter is leaving again. This is the eighth year in a row I am sending someone off, but last year was a bit of a whirlwind because she was never really home for the summer, and the year before that was 2020...'nuff said, as I was just grateful somebody in this house was returning to some semblance of normal. I guess what I'm saying is that, while I don't think I have gotten used to the departures, I do recall how I try to handle them - Keep busy! Do. The. Things. DO ALL THE THINGS! And fercryingoutloud don't just have a blog...write a blog!!! 

Thank you so very much for being here!

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy!! That champagne photo is so funny. It's also something that would happen to me. I can't believe you have a 25 years old. You don't look old enough. YOU look 25. ❤️

    ReplyDelete