Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Random Thoughts Shakedown!

It's allergy season! I guess now that the rains have finally stopped, there is a bunch of crap that has been waiting to drift gently through the air. You know that feeling when you feel like you need to scratch the inside of your throat...ew, I hate that! I am not particularly fond of the weighted sinus curtain that is putting me in a fog either. There also seems to be a little bit of random stuck in my head that I need to shake free! When you're finished here, you can click on the lady who sacrificed a nice glass of wine for that cumbersome Random Tuesday Thoughts sign, to see what some other fine folks have to say!

Stacy





Let's start with the orchids, shall we? The photo on the left was Sunday, and the right one is today!

Moving on...
Dinner was delayed a few nights ago because three people at the table could not stop laughing at the butter. I am certain that at this point in the game I do not need to tell you which of the three of us were involved.

I wish I had realized that our friends' garden gnome was so bad-ass BEFORE I kidnapped him! He's up to shenanigans in our garden. All of my garden flair say forget the ransom, and return him already.

I am not sure the dog has a full understanding and appreciation of the game hide-and-seek, or he just sucks at it! Perhaps he thought it was his turn to be the seeker and he's counting?

Ten pounds of elbow macaroni sure is a lot of pasta...especially if you accidentally make twenty pounds of it (I thought they were 5 pound bags). We were up to our elbows in elbows...had to be said! Honcho, from volunteer land, could barely look me in the face as she rattled off which shapes of pasta came in five pound bags...after the fact!

So I saw a fellow volunteer out in the real world, and apparently he has a full head of hair in that alternate universe. Now we do all wear baseball caps in the kitchen, but I am fairly certain that the masterpiece that was laying on his head would not fit under a chapeau, nor would he want to risk denting it. I guess I don't really bust out my good clothing or hairdos for a morning of slaving away in the kitchen either. I just felt like I'd seen the wizard behind the curtain. Speaking of bad hair, I am always baffled by the older women I've seen at the grocery store with their hair all in rollers. What other outings do they have planned for when those curlers come out?

Just got back from the middle school orchestra concert. It was fabulous! Wonderful entertainment with a batch of rice crispy treats as my cost for admission..fine culture, I tell you! Plus, I got a chocolate chip cookie for myself. Yum!


2 comments:

  1. That orchid is beautiful! And that butter made me laugh, too - Princess Nagger always wants to check out the new butter tubs just for that reason. ;)

    Looks like the garden gnome needs to be sent packing! ;)

    Dogs really are like little kids, aren't they? Especially when it comes to hide'n'seek. :)

    Holy moly that is a lot of macaroni! And yes, you were up to your elbows in elbows! :)

    I've never understood the head rugs or hair curlers, either. :)

    Thanks for rockin' the random rebellion with me! :)

    Addicted to Technology, Mother's Day - RTT Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  2. My browser is x'ing out half your photos, but I was graced by the butter and the macaroni.

    ReplyDelete