Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Random links

Sure I woke up older this morning, but am still closer to 40 than I am to 50...unless my husband is on the couch next to me, then I am very close to 50. I am now hiding out in the office to avoid doing any housework - just a few more hours to go. 

Don't be jealous, but I have my very own cheerleader now...

This week's cookie (so far) is Peanut Butter Heath...
I would share cookie joy with you, but I just don't know what kind you like...well, except for Marianne, at We Band of Mothers, as my birthday gift from her gave a not so subtle hint as to what she might like to find in her mailbox...
***P.S. Marianne, he heard about Mr. Hooper and he is not pleased. Look out!***

My mother and I took a rainy little ride to visit my cousin and his family today. Look what was on the counter when we arrived...
...um, yeah, so those are rice krispy treats with...wait for it...Nutella...N-U-T-E-L-L-A (oh, and chocolate and pecans on top). This is just one of several reasons I wish their kitchen was within walking distance (you know to justify the calories consumed by those burnt getting there).

As if the company and refreshments weren't enough of a reason for our trip west, ta-da...
Happy Birthday to me, indeed! Three bags full!

The uses for duct tape really are limitless. While a small challenge to open, at least these things were protected from all of the rain today.

Late October birthdays=costume parties. This was my fourth birthday party, and I am the witch on the right (this is probably not the only time I have been pointed out with those very words). 
My dear and hilarious cousin, Kelly, is on the left. She has finally started her own blog, kook, and I am so relieved as I don't get to see her often enough to get my fill. She also will be performing her one woman show in NYC this November. Check out her website for more info on the show and to watch the trailer...you won't be sorry!

Time to figure out the Chinese food order, as I am not cooking, nor going back out in the rain. Number 43...that's Lobster Lo Mein. I might need a different system for choosing. Hmmm...husband just walked by with what looks suspiciously like bakery boxes..as in more than one!!!!!

Stacy's hosting a whole bunch of random over at her place, but I'm not sure if she has cookies!
Stacy


14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! You were a very cute witch. I'm off now to check out your cousin's website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again a very Happy Birthday to you! ;) I'm glad you've been enjoying your very special day.

    What a thoughtful gift from Marianne - the question is, will you be using those cookie cutters and sending her cookies? And if the answer is yes, I better brainstorm what I'll be sending you besides wine. ;)

    I am laughing hysterically at the duct tape wrapped gifts - that's something my hubby would totally do...and has. :)

    Look at you as a cute and adorable witch! You haven't changed a bit! ;) I'll be off to check out your cousin's website - she sounds like fun!

    Enjoy the rest of your birthday - I'm kicking myself that I didn't know about it before this morning when Facebook alerted me to that fact, I totally would have sent you some wine. I still will - as long as you send me your address again, because I'm getting old and don't want to dig through 63,000 email messages to find it again. ;)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Halloween Costume Plans, Warrior Cats vs. Angry Birds Birthday and more: RTT Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Although at 43, you're barely past teenager-hood, really. Still a youngster. At least that's my viewpoint. I hope that you get wonderful, wonderful love from your family. Remember, on your birthday, everything is no calorie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The teen and pre-teen in this house remind me just how far removed from a teenager I am, sadly.

      Delete
  4. So much here, so many thoughts.

    But Priority #1: You did stuff one of those Nutella thing-a-ma-jobbers in your purse for me, right? Right?? Andrea???

    I'm still so bummed I forgot to include Mr. Hooper. But I do know where you live....

    (sinister laugh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stuffed several in a zip-loc, but they are diminishing...Just remember that the little person with the frown and angry eyebrows is on his motorcycle patrol...and he knows where you live! (heh heh heh)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Andrea.....happy birthday to you. Count your blessings, if I lived closer I would sing that in person and you would need Advil for the headache!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday dear friend! I was so caught up in my "wonder works" that I forgot to txt you a bday message. I am really bad! Please forgive me.

    I want one of those Nutella thingies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy hay-seuss, 43. I don't even REMEMBER 43. Dammit.
    Happy Birthday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL You are so funny...I guess I am closer to 50 when I sit by Trip, too!!!
    Oh, my....Nutella on rice crispy treats....be still my heart!
    Do you have a Pinkberry yogurt near you? They have Nutella flavored frozen yogurt now! :D
    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAppy Birthday to you!
    OK those Nutella rice crispies OMG being the good Italian I am I love Nutella I grew up with it I remember my grandmother putting it on fresh delivered bread when we visited in Italy every year. Duct tape fixes everything

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOOOH, Happy happy happy happy! Wooohoooo! Happy birthday, you wonderful girl, you! OMG, that duct tape wrapping is hysterical! And cruel! Bahahahahaha! If happiness and laughter keep you young, then you are still a teenager. Without the pimples.

    And soccer girl is awesome! Yay team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nutella is my favorite. I can't live without eating one. Just joking. I like that lego cheerleader too. Happy birthday to you. Wish you all the best.

    tampa seo services

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, chica!! So, were they bakery boxes? And what was in the boxes, hmmm?

    I also tend to get chinese food for my birthday since I rarely ever get it any other time, and that is the one day where there are no calories and you are allowed to splurge. It is written.

    Peanut Butter Heath and Rice Krispie Treats with Nutella????? I didn't know it was MY birthday!! Those are seriously some of my favorite items in this world. Um, so, you know, if you wanted to send me some, that would be cool with me. Just so you know.

    Hope you had a totally fab birthday and that you were treated like a princess (and not a witch!). Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete