Thursday, October 25, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 33

Over the weekend, I decided that my unread pile of books had decreased to a size that permitted new purchases. I didn't want to find myself completely overwhelmed, so we skipped the bookstore and went to Target. I wasn't as wowed by the selection as I usually am when I have myself on book lock-down, but believe me, I managed. As much as I loved having the company, I began regretting my decision to bring my daughter along when she told me I could not buy two books so close to my birthday. She tried to convince me that she had already purchased the selections I was wandering around with. I was then forced to search some more, even though I seriously doubted her story. I think she realized she was just prolonging our journey, so she agreed with the next title I held up. It made me happy to go out and buy a new book.

I was happy to sit, in the one room of our house that rarely gets messy, curled up with my book.
I didn't even mind that I had to share the ottoman. Nor did I concern myself with what was going on through that doorway...
I was happy that my daughter and two of her friends were having fun decorating cookies. I was happy when my daughter told me they did not leave a mess behind as they headed outside. I was happy to continue reading.
The daughter's not messy workstation.

My book waited quietly for me to return when I finally decided to go tidy up whatever was left. My daughter told me she was kidding when she said there was no mess, and asked if I knew her. I was happy that we both have a sense of humor (regardless of how good it is). 

OK, I also have to include this one because it made me very happy...

This was taken, with the cute little red pocket sized camera I got from the hubs and kids for my birthday, right before we had cake.


Stop in to see what fun and happy things are going on over at Leigh's place...





12 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday! And I'm wondering, how small does the unread pile of books need to be before you get new ones? In case I need to justify some purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that you had a very Happy Birthday. :)

    I love that your daughter has your sense of humor. I often ask people things like, "hello, have you MET me?" in those situations. ;)

    And book purchases should be allowed at any time. There are never too many books. Ask my completely overflowing bookcase full of unread books when they see me bring home another almost daily. Viva la Books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a used book store that gives twice as much credit towards more books than if you get cash...no brainier!

      Delete
  3. A good book, a furry foot guardian, colorful sweets, a new camera, and fantastic kids. What's not to love?!?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would I be correct in assuming there are a few sweet teeth in your family?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that picture of you and your children! You look radiant with happiness, and that was pre-cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter doesn't fall too far from her comedic tree. And those cupcakes look awesome.

    And why are you buying books? The only one you'll ever need for the rest of your life is coming out shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an impatient woman, and need something to do while I wait for THAT book!

      Delete
  7. Oh, so happy! And those cupcakes look yummers!

    ReplyDelete