Monday, January 31, 2011

In the end...

There are always little spots in my day that make me say "really?" Usually the voice stays inside my head, but then there are occasions when I am forced to ponder out loud. I think sometimes that is because I actually hope there is an answer, or relatively decent explanation for what I've seen or heard. I had plenty of bloggy tales to tell, but just couldn't get myself motivated. I am once again baffled by what finally pushes me to put a message out there.

Take this example...

Now I do realize that duct tape is one of the forces holding the universe together and all of that jazz. I also will admit that the silver metallic color of the tape does nearly blend with the golden color of the vehicle. The part that has me baffled is the addition of red tape to mimic the light. I am all for the crafty aspect of it, and fully appreciate the symmetrical look it restored. However, considering the overall end result, I am not convinced that this was effort and time well spent. For a brief moment I thought perhaps it was transparent tape that would let the light show up as red (as I would never understand a directional blinking at me in clear flashes). When we stopped for the light though, I realized that there was no light at all coming through, what I then saw as, the fairly thick tape.

Later that day...

While enjoying lunch with some friends, our forty-something group was compelled to contemplate this...

We suddenly transformed into an eighty-something group as we didn't all necessarily keep our comments to a "less than hard of hearing" level. Then we quickly transformed into a group of pre-teen boys as three of us tried to catch the best photo. Looking back, I must admit that trying to get the shot for the sake of this blog might not be a good enough excuse for us.

Now I am the type of gal who does not like to feel the breeze if my shirt rides up my back a little and will yank it back down in a heartbeat. You would think that this woman must've felt some sort of cool air wafting by. Am I just getting old? I thought it didn't get much worse that people's actual cracks hanging out the top of their pants, but somehow the style and color of one's intimate apparel feels like an even bigger invasion of privacy.

In all fairness, I guess I'd have to admit that I cannot fully grasp the appeal of the thong underwear to begin with (especially for the person wearing them). I don't even like to floss my teeth, let alone my backside. Moreover, I can barely wear flip-flops (or as I used to know them-THONGS). If you happen to see the band of my Hanes cotton "wedgie-free" briefs, so sorry. If you happen to see some sort of panty lines through my khakis, stop looking and take peace in the fact that I am actually wearing underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment