Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Random gone random

I suppose it is time to open the windows, and kiss the chance of a snow day good-bye. I just keep thinking of these swell inside projects to do, but then feel like I should be gardening since it is over sixty degrees out. This is Central New York though, and there could still be a blizzard of some sort on the horizon. For now the sun is shining and I will take that for what it is worth. Hey, I am talking about the weather again, so it must be Tuesday. Yay! Time to share some fascinating tidbits from the corners of my mind. Thanks to Stacy for being such a gracious hostess...

Somebody tried to pass the following ingredients off as chocolate mousse the other day: cocoa, honey and avocado. It wasn't that it tasted badly, but ultra thick chocolate sludgy pudding might've been a more fitting name. I still would've tried it, as all I would've heard was ultra and chocolate probably. I suggested adding some cool whip if she wanted to keep the mousse name, but am fairly certain that the toxicity of that joyous substance would negate the healthy rating the original recipe achieved. Still dairy free though.

I decided to focus all of my energies into trying to color my hair again. Surprisingly, this was the only casualty...(Yes, sadly it was actually on my foot at the time.) Plus somehow the color actually seemed to stick this time. I guess something about not having two of my son's friends here and my daughter baking cookies made it easier for me to concentrate. Seriously, what was I thinking that other time?

I would like to be able to tell you that this is the most cereal we have ever had in our pantry at one time......but it isn't. I would also like to be able to tell you that it is for a family of four, but really only one and a half of us eat it. The Lord of the Coupons must've been weighed down with Frosted Flake savings.

Was it self-serving to act like the only science fair experiment I could think of involved baking chocolate chip cookies with and without baking soda? With butter versus with margarine?The girl was sitting with a book in front of her called "101 Really Cool Science Experiments", but couldn't find anything. I did what I could. This was a grand and terrible idea all rolled into one (ok, several...ok, beyond several) delicious bite!

OK, so this dude graduated from the actual school building that now hosts the ninth grade dance. His picture is hanging on the wall with other distinguished folks. They were nowhere near as fetching as Richard so I didn't include them.Do you think he is the reason for all of the insane dance rules? Are those his legacy? Not only is the letter to parents available online, but hard copies of it were sent home with five-week progress reports last week. Here is the last installment...

Style of Dancing

Although we would like everyone to have fun, there is a style of dancing that is unacceptable at the Junior High dance. Students are not allowed to dance in a style that is sexually explicit, suggestive, provocative or simulates any sexual act. We will not allow grinding, moshing, or slam dancing.


Nothing could bring me more joy and comfort, as a parent, than having a conversation with my teenage son that involves the words grinding and sexually explicit. Now I have to consider all of the time I've wasted on YouTube looking for the perfect moshing moves for him. I guess now I will be forced to search for old Solid Gold dancer videos to show him some less hard core ways to get his groove on. I'd go with a Puttin' on the Ritz number, but the hats and canes have to be checked at the coatroom, remember?

I have to go see if there is any last minute scientific research I can help with...

20 comments:

  1. I probably would have had a longer, more detailed comment but then I saw......Richard. Oh hotness - totally lost my train of thought now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could provide that diversion for you!

      Delete
  2. "Simulates any sexual act?" What the what??? Oh, please video THAT conversation with your son, where you describe, with visuals hopefully, what that phrase means. For the love of pete, this school has lost it's collective fool mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The announcements at the school are presented by video, so may e there will be some extended versions there!

      Delete
  3. Moshing and slam dancing are more violent than sexy, if memory serves. I sloshed around in many a mosh pit, in my day, and may have had a concussion or two as a result. So you never know.

    Richard Gere? Wow! Quite the credentials for a high school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be sure to specify that the boy should not crowd surf either. They should probably just use the square dancing skills from gym class a few months ago and have a ho-down!

      Delete
  4. That chocolate dessert sounds ghastly. Truly. And have you tried vodka to get out the dye? Goo gone would probably work, too. I use vodka to get oil paints out of my clothing all the time.

    Dance rules....*sighs* These kids do dance ridiculously provocatively these days. Personally, I do not think I would have liked a guy dancing closely behind me grinding his penis into my butt crack, but that's just me, I guess...

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I can drink the vodka and not worry about the sneakers! Thanks for the tip, as I have never heard that one!

      I understand the need for the rules, just not sure we parents needed that level of detail, and pity the ones who do!

      Delete
  5. OMG, since spring just blew up here in KC I have been seeing girls with shorts shoved so far up their rear-end they could use them as floss. I was thinking of you wishing I could show them some of the school rules!!!!!

    PS--I totally tagged you in a meme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was frightened enough by the shorts on the rack at target...I don't want to see them on an actual person!

      Ps-thank you!

      Delete
  6. " I guess now I will be forced to search for old Solid Gold dancer videos to show him some less hard core ways to get his groove on."

    You clearly have no recollection of solid gold. Those girls were SUGGESTIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suggestive by 70's standards or today's though? :)

      Delete
  7. So glad I still have one child left to participate in the science fair, because that is the best experiment ever. And I hate to say it, but one day (by which I mean high school) you will thank Richard Gere for the stupid dance rules. It's pretty bad! In fact, our church is hosting a seperate prom this year so kids don't have to be exposed to all the "dirty dancing" at the school version. Anyone can come, but they'll probably have to follow a long list of insane dance rules. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that our results wre not as drastically different as we thought they would be, but let me know if you need any of our info! There is more we might've done if we had started sooner.

      I fully support the rules. I just think the way they are worded is funny!

      Delete
  8. Man girl that is a whole lotta cereal. Yeah I have seen some nasty ass dancing among the young teenagers I don't even it call it dancing anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is the most important meal, but my husband eats it for his nightly snack.

      It's similar to how a lot of singing isn't quite singing anymore!

      Delete
  9. Love that your kids play instruments! But then the chocolate-avocado thing got me so distracted and upset that I couldn't focus on the rest. Why? Why? Oh the humanity. Why???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't knock it til you try it...but maybe don't try it!

      Delete
  10. Young lady, I hope your cereal boxes are alphabetized.

    Sadly, sex with me kinda resembles slam dancing. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I should organize them by color!

    Careful in that mosh pit! You cracked me right up!

    ReplyDelete