Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for...

…X (in its Roman numeral form) 
10 Things I Hate About You


Soundtracks That Mattered (to me) is my theme for the A-Z Challenge this April.

This soundtrack still makes me feel the pain, love, awkwardness and joy of this movie. Most of the songs were new to me at the time, aside from the two Letters to Cleo remakes. I threw this cd in my car somewhere near the beginning of April just to refresh my memory a bit, and to help decide which tune to post. This song still takes my breath away (possibly because I insist on trying to sing along)...

Yes, yes, I know there is a movie that legitimately starts with an X...you're welcome.

17 comments:

  1. First thing I thought was Xanadu. I mean how can you forget Olivia Newton John in spandex????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw come on! You didn't do Xanadu?????? God that movie was horrible but ELO was my fave band in those days so I was beyond thrilled when they did some of the songs for it. Gene Kelly really must've needed the money to be in that farce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave you the video! I don't think I even saw that movie.

      Delete
  3. Personally, I'm glad you went with Ten Things I Hate About You over Xanadu. Not that I don't love spandex and roller disco dancing scene, of course.

    But Ten Things I Hate About You is one of those movies I still enjoy watching today. And the soundtrack is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Thank you. Xanadu was too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw the movie, but Xanadu, shouldn't even have been a movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha...not sure I ever even saw it, but love Ten Things I Hate About You (loosely based on Taming of the Shrew )

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen this movie in ages - brings back memories. Great song pick too. I have never seen Xanadu :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen this one either.
    Excuse me while I go watch Shrek.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO in your wheelhouse (what's a wheelhouse? did you even know you had one?)

      Delete
  8. I love this movie. That makes me want to check out this soundtrack:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I just watched this for the first time about a year ago or so. Of course, it could be my memory playing tricks on me. If I don't watch a movie at least 5 times, I remember nothing.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete