Thursday, April 21, 2016

R is for...

…Robots

Soundtracks That Mattered (to me) is my theme for the A-Z Challenge this April.

In 2005, our kids were 5 and 8, totally movie theater ready and interested. They were also big singers, in the way that their mother is, as in not good singers, but very happy ones. This soundtrack was a far cry from "kids' music", and just the kind of stuff we needed in the rotation. 
I realize that Chingy's Right Thurr might have been a bit more suggestive than Raffi's songs were, but listening to my five year old girl singing "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" along with the radio at that time, made this alternative seem acceptable. Plus, picturing robots while listening to the music added a decent layer of insulation.

Go ahead and listen to this one, and feel good about yourself!

We were already big Fountains of Wayne fans!


Just in case you haven't seen the movie...


(I don't know what happened to picking one song! Breaking all kinds of silly rules I made for myself now that we are in the final stretch. I might even dip into the m&m's jar more than once today. Chaos!)

11 comments:

  1. I love 'Low Rider' by War, I see that's on the soundtrack. Great tune!!! Great band too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great music, even if I do still picture robots when i hear the songs!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but it looks like a fun soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this movie and don't have this soundtrack. So, for me, this was a hit and a miss.

    BUT, it sounds like just what you needed in your car with your kids at that time, so that makes it Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you checked it out.

      Delete
  4. I don't know this movie, either. But I love how you are breaking your rules! And go ahead- grab a few more m&m's. Maybe eat a few for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if the extra few are for you? Sure…might break another rule tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I generally love kids' films (just a big kid at heart) but I haven't seen Robots or heard its soundtrack. Thanks for the music - really enjoyed listening to it.
    My other blog is That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is a good one, just enough adult humor mixed in, try it, you'll like it! ;)

      Delete
  6. I have not seen this one! But I have eaten MnMs.... =D

    -andi

    ReplyDelete