Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for...

…Lost Boys

Soundtracks That Mattered (to me) is my theme for the A-Z Challenge this April.

I am not exactly sure how this cassette found its way into my hands. I almost think it had something to do with one of my Columbia House memberships. I can tell you what song was playing and what street I was driving down, but that would be of little interest to you if you aren't from around here. Actually, such information might not be fascinating regardless of where you grew up. I just know it felt edgy and cool. There were a couple of songs I was very familiar with, but they were being sung by different people than I was used to.
The movie itself was a bit darker than what I was typically watching at that time, and the music was less top forty than my usual. So exciting! Late eighties, sun shining, car windows down...

18 comments:

  1. Wow I'm a real movie-failure. Here's another one I didn't see. Of course in my defense, in the late 80s I was immersed in all things Grateful Dead. A lot of pop culture passed me by till 1995 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad to know what fun you were having instead!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this movie! I think I'll watch it tonight on the DVD I shamelessly own.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this movie when I worked at the movie theater. I even took my younger sister and stepsister. Not sure if it was rated R or not--probably so! But one of the perks of working there was seeing rated R movies before I was 18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny how that used to be a thing...when you couldn't just watch far worse on a phone!

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen this one, and I'm not familiar with the soundtrack, either. Sounds like it has some cool music, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this soundtrack - I can still sing all the songs. This is the movie that made me a vampire fan, and my sister and I bought the album as soon as we could lay our hands on it :).
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the movie was very cool - early Kiefer Sutherland. I saw a bit of it not too long ago - sadly a tad cheesy now. Good tunes though - INXS were always awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that for a brief second I got this Kiefer crossed with Flatliners Kiefer?!

      Delete
  7. I didn't even know they had a soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard this soundtrack in its entirety. Some songs I recognize, of course.

    Great movie!

    ReplyDelete