Saturday, April 9, 2016

H is for...

…High Fidelity

Soundtracks That Mattered (to me) is my theme for the A-Z Challenge this April.

While we are going back in time, it is not as far as usual. This movie was released on March 28, 2000. This photo of my son and I comparing our bellies was taken on March 17, 2000. (I don't think I had a green maternity shirt, and who knows if that is the outfit my little friend started the day wearing.)
My due date was April 22, so my husband and I had plenty of time to take in a movie. I am uncomfortable just thinking about sitting in a movie theater seat as I look at this photo, but John Cusack has always been worth some sacrifices and hardships. 
The music was certainly not all familiar to me at the time, but I thought it was such an incredible background to the story. The eclectic mix was plausible for the true music lovers in charge of Championship Vinyl. The story was bittersweet as was the soundtrack at times, but it still provided some comfort and relaxation without the pressure to sing along. Just some peace and soothing notes in my world since, at the time, very frequently, it had anything but.

31 comments:

  1. I think I heard of the movie but never saw it. That's definitely an eclectic mix of music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of the movie. I'm checking out the music. I hope your day is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of funny because we go to very few movies (my fault, not husband's) and here we saw this one right when it came out.

      Delete
  3. This is such a great soundtrack. One of my favorites...especially "Everybody Gonna Be Happy" —I listen to that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great movie and I remember the music being important, but my brain has failed to keep the details :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of you and your son!! So, sweet~
    A fun post! Music so captives the mood of the story-how happy is this post!

    You can email me about the giveaway:
    ellasedge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with this one, I'll have to check it out.
    Lovely photo of you and son. :)
    Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pic of you and your son. Me too use to sometimes compare my belly with my son since he has no belly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. The scary thing is, I can't remember if I saw that movie or not. But it is interesting how we connect movies to things that were going on in our lives at the time we saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Shipbuilding' by Elvis Costello is such a beautiful song. Funny thing is, I've had this film since it came out and have NEVER watched it.
    Love the pic of you, son and tummy. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen this movie! How have I never seen this movie? I adore John Cusack. Which makes it even weirder that I've never seen this movie.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never got around to seeing that one, but if I recall correctly, the soundtrack was amazing.

    Liz A. from
    Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww we were pregnant at the same time! My baby (#4) was born April 2nd, 2000. What a cool post!

    I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge.

    Shelly @ hangryfork.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Jon Cusack in this and I think our early glimpse of Jack Black - he was a hoot. The writer - Nick Hornby is great too

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture of you and your bellies IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU ARE TOO POPULAR FOR ME.

    Go John Cusack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $2...I want my $2...and so do all of these people I said I would pay to visit!

      Delete
  16. I love that picture!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of these movies I have not seen, but I now want to check them out! High Fidelity is definitely a great one, though. I find myself quoting John Cusack movies to my kids sometimes, even if they have no clue what I'm talking about. Just an inside joke with myself. :)

    ReplyDelete