Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for...

…Quick Picks*

Soundtracks That Mattered (to me) is my theme for the A-Z Challenge this April.


*I could have fudged this one with Quicksilver (Kevin Bacon? Yes, but did I see it? No.) Instead, I quick picked the first five movie scenes with a strong song connection that came to mind in roughly two minutes (before I had time to think too much).

Breakfast Club - When that fist goes in the air, after the build up from the good-byes and the letter being read? YES!

Saturday Night Fever - He totally used that walk.

Muppet Movie - Perfectly natural for a frog made of fabric to be playing his banjo in a swamp, singing about his dreams.

Say Anything - Boom! There it is. No explanation needed.

Top Gun - Oh how I loved this scene for both the song itself, as well as the impromptu serenade.


18 comments:

  1. People always scoff at or tease me when I say that Saturday Night Fever was a good movie. Say what you want about it but that took unbelievable stamina, training and athletic prowess on John Travolta's part for the 'You Should Be Dancin" scene. I read that the producers were going to cut that scene out and Travolta threatened to walk off the movie. I don't blame him. I thought it had a great story too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all excellent quick picks! I didn't know what song to start singing first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been hard to decide which cds to throw in the car!

      Delete
  3. All of those were fantastic picks :)
    Have always loved Kermie's Rainbow Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the first Pitch Perfect movie? If not, you absolutely MUST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you nailed the quick picks. Probably one I'd add to the list is an oldie oldie - Sound of Music - when she's swirling at the top of the mountain with "The Hills are Alive". Then again this was Broadway first....
    My fave on your list is Saturday Night Fever. I might have to listen to that one later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quick picks. I'm trying to catch up now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well picked there :) That part of The Breakfast Club is just iconic and Kermie FTW!
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your selections! The only scene I haven't seen is Saturday Night Fever which, I know, I need to watch. This post kind of makes me want to go back and watch these movies again. Especially Breakfast Club! Favorite 80s movie ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your selections! The only scene I haven't seen is Saturday Night Fever which, I know, I need to watch. This post kind of makes me want to go back and watch these movies again. Especially Breakfast Club! Favorite 80s movie ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are perfect quick picks! Love those songs and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Say Anything! I love that scene! I'm also completely in love with John Cusack.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete