Sunday, April 30, 2017

Z is for...

...Zeppelin (Led implied)
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


Holy cow! This is it for April, eh? Much like my first a-z song themed challenge in 2013, this one will close out with Zeppelin. My collection of Led Zeppelin vinyls may have left my side, but there are certain songs that are like hearing from an old friend.

Have you got time for a quick story before we wrap this thing up? If not, you do you, and it will still be here waiting when you get back.

It was the fall of 1990, and I was a senior in college. I was at a party, and ran into a guy I had recently met. The late night was turning even later, and he told me he was going to try to find us a ride back to campus. He left me in good hands, sitting on the front porch of the house with a very good friend of his, a guy I vaguely knew through a couple of my roommates. We exchanged pleasantries for a bit until this Led Zeppelin song came on, and then we both just had to sing along. He added some fine air drum moves. Fun way to pass the time waiting to hear about a ride, for sure. 

Next thing I know, my potential new love interest is walking towards us. He then proceeded to point at me and wink at his friend sitting next to me, giving a thumbs up. Ummmm. His friend opened his mouth to perhaps offer some kind of a reminder. At the same moment the guy with such promise got close enough to where his beer goggles focused and jarred his memory that he was the super lucky co-ed who had been hanging out with me. I could have been appalled, but instead figured I did still garner a thumbs up. That story ended with us having to walk a couple of miles back to our dorms, and the relationship ended three and a half years later. Good times, bad times, you know we had our share, and this still makes me laugh.


Even if you haven't had a few beers, sing loudly and bang those imaginary sticks.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the memory.
    The AtoZ is over! Time now for about 12 hours sleep. 😔 Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this song from my sophomore year in high school! Brings back memories. My fave LZ song is 'Hey Hey What Can I do'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times, bad times indeed. You've had a great April. Very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read through 2 blogs that were doing the A-Z this year, one of which was yours.
    As always Andrea, I enjoyed your posts immensely. Oh, and YOU ROCK!!
    Congrats on finishing the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job, Andrea! Great memories and songs to recall! Thanks for sharing parts of you and your music list with us!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete