Tuesday, April 25, 2017

U is for...

...U2
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


I was introduced to some of U2's earlier music in high school by a few friends, but none of the songs really integrated into my daily mix. U2 was probably too cool for me to be quite honest. In the spring of 1987, my high school graduation was looming, The Joshua Tree was released, but I still hadn't found what I was looking for. 1988 brought Rattle and Hum with a bit of Desire, Pride and there was something about Angel of Harlem.

When Achtung Baby was released in November of 1991, six months after I graduated from college, and by then I had finally been exposed to enough U2 to know I should buy the CD. That was absolutely not a mistake.

4 comments:

  1. Mysterious Ways is one of the few U2 songs I like. The first album was awesome, and then the one song 'Unforgettable Fire', and Mysterious Ways. Bono's voice is so whiny. I thought for sure you were gonna pick Ultravox as your U band. I don't know why. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. U2 was obvious, but a good one. I saw them in concert once- very dynamic. I always liked their sound

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to Joshua Tree SO many times!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete