Monday, April 10, 2017

H is for...

...Harry Belafonte
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.

Sure, we could be talking about the Huey Lewis concert I went to with my mom and aunt, or even my father's Hootie and the Blowfish phase, but those musical H folks did not occur to me until yesterday. Instead Harry Belafonte's name flew out of my mouth, as his face and voice filled my mind.

Day-o! Oh, how this man fascinated me when I was a kid. The beauty of his voice and just his being. My fandom was solidified when I saw Mr. Belafonte on The Muppet Show-fantastic! I wanted to be there, on that stage, in the presence of so much greatness.


This immediately filled me with joy to see after a long time. I hope you enjoy it as well!

4 comments:

  1. I think my dad liked him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your father had a Hootie and the Blowfish stage. Sadly, so did I.

    Great clip from the Muppet Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny what pops into your head first. A worthy choice for H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear! You are in my head! I just played this for my son the other day too because they use it in Beetlejuice!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete