Thursday, April 6, 2017

E is for...

...Earth, Wind & Fire
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.

Seriously? Earth, Wind & Fire? I am not sure what this bizarre item in my quasi word association test means, as I would have thought the Solid Gold part of my brain was housed a little deeper. The titles of songs by this group were far more elusive and buried. Rules are rules though, and despite shaking my head as I was uttering their name, today we celebrate these elements! I asked my friend Google for some help, and there was one obvious choice. Get your disco/funk/jazz groove on for today's taste of nostalgia...

4 comments:

  1. I loved this band. the perfect mix of funk, rock and sparkly stage outfits!!!! September is an awesome song. I also love Serpentine Fire, That's the Way of the World and so many others. Philip Bailey had a hell of a voice. Remember he and Phil Collins did 'Easy Lover' in the 80s?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your picks no matter how random. September has such a hook. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW and F remind me of my childhood. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that was the title. :)

    I'm continually amazed how much awesome music they use in the kid's movies!
    I think this was at the end of Night at the Museum!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete