Wednesday, April 12, 2017

J is for...

...(the) Jackson 5
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


As a tv watching kid in the seventies, I often wondered who would win a sibling showdown - The Jacksons versus The Osmonds! A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll and then some more...so much more.

Sometimes it is difficult to revel in the beginning without thinking about the end, to celebrate the rise without considering the fall. I could try to think of more to say about the Jacksons, but seriously, wouldn't it be more fun to just get right to the music. Go ahead, try to sit still...



I just saw that J. Geils passed away...angel is the centerfold...RIP

3 comments:

  1. Little Michael was awesome. I try to just focus on the talent and music legacy. Not the wacko. I loved the J5 over the Osmonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're showing us all up and doing the A-Z challenge again! Scrolling through your previous posts, I'm loving seeing Foreigner followed by Genesis. Two of my all-time faves. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that my son learned this song from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete