Thursday, April 27, 2017

W is for...

...(The) Waterboys
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


My husband made me a mix tape back in 1994 when we first started dating. Well, obviously he did because how else would there have been proof that we were enough in love to get engaged?! He was the proud owner of over 500 cd's in those days, as well as one hell of a vinyl collection. Despite what I thought of my own wide variety of musical tastes and knowledge, I was clearly an amateur - barely a casual listener.

I remember his chicken scratch handwriting on the cassette, naming bands that became one-hit wonders of a sort to me. The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon...

My husband just walked in and heard the song playing. 
"Hey, that is my favorite song by The Waterboys!"
"Yes, and it is still the only one I know."

3 comments:

  1. Wow....a band from the 80s I've never heard of! I didn't think that was possible. Esp. 1985 when I was completely immersed in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new one for me. Hey - love was meant to be.....a guy who created a mix-tape - huge thumbs up!

    I guessed Wham! - I've had George Michael in my brain.....oh, cheesy but pretty and lovely voice.

    I like the Waterboys now....good choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! So sweet! He made you a mix tape!

    This one I don't know. How weird is that?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete