Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for...

...(the) Indigo Girls
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


A friend introduced me to the Indigo Girls, by way of a mix tape, when we were sophomores in college. Strange Fire and Closer to Fine both made appearances on side two of the cassette. I was immediately hooked, and purchased two of their albums that I played on a seemingly never ending loop in my car for quite some time. I was singing what I thought was one of my finest Indigo Girls melodies when a passenger asked me if I was tone deaf...and not in a kidding kind of way. Excuse me, but are we not all legendary artists in our showers and cars, devoid of critics? 

Much like how I ended up listening to hours of Genesis on Saturday, today will be Least Complicated, and then some. The CD is going in the car right now, and any passengers can just ride at their own risk! Here we go...

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of them but not their music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closer to Fine is my favorite karaoke song.
    And when I say "karaoke", I mean in my family room with my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great selection. I love singing to Closer to Fine and Least Complicated (among others) when I'm in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. No judging if I sing along. Good choice

    I was guessing INXS. One of my fave I groups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great choice!
    Great music despite the religion stuff.
    Love Welcome Me.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete