Saturday, April 1, 2017

A is for...

...A-ha
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.

Wow! Here is it April first. I have quite a bit of brain clutter these days, and up until a few days ago didn't think it wise to add any more. However, I also weighed the potential for disappointment if I left the alphabetical musings of April behind. I knew I wanted to do something music related, but some of the themes I considered would have actually taken a bit of planning and (gasp) effort. 

I told myself that if I could come up with a list of groups in less than five minutes, I would go with it. No cheating, I would go with my first thought, like a word association test. Of course I was driving at the time, and by the time I pulled over to jot down my list, I might have changed a couple. I am pretty sure I then accidentally threw out the list, which is one of the dangers of using the back of a grocery list for official business. At least I know it will take a very short time to reconstruct, especially since I think most of the lineup is taking up space in that "very useful information" part of my brain needed for things like my actual grocery list! 

Remember, these are not necessarily my favorite groups, or ones I deem most important to the world of songs. In fact, some of what was blurted out was rather amusing (to me). With that lengthy introduction out of the way, we can get to the first letter...

A-HA...as in "A-ha, perhaps I can do this!" I admit to knowing nothing at all about this band, other than the obvious, but is more than that really necessary?

8 comments:

  1. Visting from A to Z. What a fun idea for a theme! I'll come back to see what other bands you came up with (and to listen to the music)!

    April Fools' Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!
    Still a great song even if the band was a one-hit-wonder!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I always liked that catchy tune and really enjoyed the video. Can't wait to see what else that cluttered mind had to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best music videos around and love the song, too. Nice start to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love this song and this video is still one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Aha video was so far ahead of it's time and over 30 years later, it still holds up. Plus great song. They did another song the following year that I LOVE called, 'The Sun Always Shines on TV'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been absent and can't believe I missed the start of this series.
    I actually didn't like this song when it was popular but that might be because I was knee deep in teenage angst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-Ha was way cool back then and they were Swedish. Even cooler.......good start

    ReplyDelete