Saturday, April 22, 2017

S is for...

...Styx
My theme for this year's a-z challenge is off the top of my head-the first musical group to pop into my head...not necessarily my favorite, just the first to show itself.


The fourth pillar holding up my vision of essential rock in the early eighties. My one year of colorguard in eighth grade had me maneuvering my banner flag to Too Much Time on My Hands...most excellent (even if not as cool as my friend Vicki who twirled a wooden rifle).

Babe, Come Sail Away, The Best of Times - decisions, decisions!

4 comments:

  1. I liked Styx but not so much Dennis DeYoung. That song 'Babe' was soooooo soppy for Styx. Tommy Shaw was and still is such a hunk though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they could soar. Unique sound. Good choice. Santana popped into my mind first for letter S. Looking forward to next week and finale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband got to see a private concert from Styx in Florida not too long ago. Don't ask. Says they sound exactly the same. :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete