Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wiping up the random

Remember how jealous you all were that my husband signed us up to be some sort of toilet paper testers? Well, the only thing better than getting a box of toilet paper in the mail is...
getting a second box? Now I am sure you can see how I missed this part of the directions that I highlighted for your viewing pleasure...
Suffice to say, we have not fulfilled the requirements to have opened the second box. In my defense though, it was not marked "toilet paper" anywhere that I saw. It could've been cookies! I definitely thought I heard cookies crying out to be rescued.
I just need to take a moment out of my girl giggling to get you caught up to speed on some further rules that were printed on the back of the page...
I'd like to invite you over, but don't want to put you through the stress of our toilet paper diary keeping!
I also must point out that the diary sheet (known forever here as diarrhea sheet...and we're back with the giggles) has spots for 500 marks. You have to mark the box each time you use the toilet paper for the designated purposes. There are 165 sheets of toilet paper on the diary (giggle) roll, so I hope I am not alone in being unable to fathom being able to check off any more than 100 boxes...if that! I am starting to think this whole survey has more to do with finding out how fast people go through toilet paper. I think I will just make one check and call it a day...a very rough day. Now I am concerned that we are going to be charged for the toilet paper because we have not CRACKED open the packages and done our DOOTIE DUTY (all puns intended)!

Moving on...(yes, there's more random)

My friend does not always know when her first grader has made off with her ipad, so whatever opponents she is playing games with get an extra treat (without realizing it), like trying to guess this drawing...
Maybe my friend just tells us her daughter took the ipad, and she really is just having trouble with still-life drawings of utensils.

I spent over 45 minutes at the liquor store today trying to gather supplies for my mother's retirement party next weekend. I thought I would go with a wine, chocolate, cheese gathering since it will just be for the ladies. Apparently there is a class that non wine drinkers should take before setting themselves free in such a place. There are a couple of kinds that I like, but I think actual wine drinkers don't even count them as real vino. I would be more well versed in hosting a party with several ginger ale and kool-aid flavors and brands, accompanied by various chocolate chip types baked in a variety of cookies. The woman who worked at the store was trying to be helpful, but most of her questions just raised more puzzles. In the end, I am confident that fun names and pretty labels make for the best selections! 

Look at Stacy here with her wine glass mocking me! Go see what kinds of random she has going on at her party today.
Stacy

15 comments:

  1. I didn't read your previous post about TP, but I assume you are testing it out - - I tested out bath soap once - - but I would rather do TP as we use it up so fast. Although I'm not sure about the instructions - - do you really need instructions to use TP??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TP testing.. now that is funny! I will have to go back and read your other post!
    Thanks for stopping by! My daughter and her friends don't generally whisper. I let them say what they want. One of the girls said the other day that she could never say the things they were saying in front of her mom. I just can't censor everything they say, and would rather not have them whispering. It really is harmless and just the way kids talk! I find most of it very funny!
    If you have not made a wine selection, can I offer a suggestion that goes GREAT with chocolate. Rose Regale. It is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TP Tester?? How did I miss that post!! I may need some. I think I pee'ed a little reading this. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, hee you *so* messed up opening up that box *giggles*

    I always buy wine based on the label! But of course!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. TP tester... wow... I love it... how cool is that... I don't know if I would ever be able to look at TP the same way again if I had to really test it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will finally get started...out of desperation when we run out of ll other TP!

      Delete
  6. Hee hee - TP testing. I've tested NB sneakers, but never heard of being a TP tester. Although, I suppose someone has to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Rub it in that you had a hotter and pricier item! ;)

      Delete
  7. There is no way I'd be able to test that toilet paper, that's way too much work and too much information!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the toilet paper police are going to come harass you for opening that box before you were supposed to? That whole thing totally cracked me up! ;)

    Your friend's first grader trying to play that drawing game on her mom's iPad also cracked me up...

    I've found that fun names and pretty labels are good wines to drink. One of the reasons why I try to make fun names and pretty labels for my homemade wines. ;)


    Hunger Games Brewing, Irish Island for Sale, Kentucky Derby Fun and Touch: RTT Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still want to be a toliet paper tester....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could ship you what we have since it is clearly too complicated for us!

      Delete
  10. Don't feel lonely in the wine section. I never know what to buy, either, so I just go with either the most pretty label or whichever label confuses me the most with their foreign language.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous on so many levels. Mainly because you now get to write "toilet paper tester" on your resume.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Yeah, I don't think I'm going to pay you a visit any time soon. That is WAY too much pressure for my poor little bottom to handle. ;)

    ReplyDelete