Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Plain old random

Thank you to those of you who visited while I had that case of Alphabetitis. I can't believe it lasted the entire month of April!

Let's jump right in by taking note of who is not going green. This is how many bags the alliteration friendly doughnut place gave me for two bagels, one doughnut and four doughnut hole type things.
I especially like how the bag on the left is barely even held open by its contents. Thank goodness my doughnut didn't touch my smaller doughnuts.

I am glad Amanda and Baxter had time to be on the lookout for the work their neighbor was doing on his tree...
He spent several hours filling it with spray insulation from small aerosol cans. What, wait, why?

OK, this is blurry, but you can see the peeing Calvin. I have seen these before where he is relieving himself on car brands or team names. This one says "My husband's X".
I couldn't help but feeling like this spouted more negativity about the driver, than it did about the ex-wife.

Aside from morning, is there any other kind?
'nuff said?

Thank you to Stacy for hosting the Random thought Rebellion. I don't know what I would do without a place to throw this stuff!
Stacy

15 comments:

  1. Never thought that wood could be sexy...really...lol
    In certain parts of Cali they have banned plastic bags and they charge you 5 cents for paper bags at the grocery store. So we now have to bring our own bags which I love I am telling you in certain has made for cleaner streets and environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sexy wood......LOL OK, you have put an entirely new spin on this for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of this donut place that you speak. And they are out of control with their bags. But I guess they have so many different things, some hot, some cold, some sweet, some bready . . . that they feel they need to seperate everything. But yeah, ridiculous. Still love that joint, though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do loves me a donut...even if it touches another donut!

      Delete
  4. OMG I'm laughing hysterically about the sexy wood - that was totally unexpected from you...BWAHAHAHAHA! :)

    Yeah, I'd say that donut shop is definitely not into being green...but at least your little donuts were babied, right? ;)

    Still scratching my head as to why that neighbor is filling that tree with insulating foam...maybe trying to strengthen a hollowing tree? Or keep critters out? Or maybe your friends should be worried he's hidden body parts in there.... ;)


    May Day Weather and Spicy Racks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was the tree experiencing a draft?

    Do you think there's some marketing intern laughing their head off somewhere - "I can't believe they used that and called it SEXY WOOD! I was joking! HAHAHAHA!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe squirrels pay top dollar for a warm tree. I sure hope that intern goes on to make the big bucks!

      Delete
  6. Those are definitely some random things! Sexy wood... that's a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I can't believe the calvin picture / label... too funny.... And the sexy wood - never heard of that before....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill Waterson, the guy who created Calvin, is still mad about the Calvin peeing stickers, I would bet! Sexy wood...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just think all of those Calvin stickers are plain old tacky. And yes, a reflection on the driver. I'm imagining the ad agency pitch meeting (okay, I'm picturing Don Draper and Peggy doing the pitch) where they sold the "Sexy Wood" idea. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't think Calvin would do that! Throw a snowball? Yes. Pee on things? Not so much!

      Delete
  10. Sexy wood. Hehehe. I'm totally having a Beavis and Butthead moment here.

    I don't want no sprinkle touching my glazed, baby. No, just kidding. I eat anything if it's fried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh, huh...she said wood, huh, huh!

    ReplyDelete