Monday, May 7, 2012

Reflections on no particular letter

I am so glad that I decided (yes, that is what we will call that impulsive mouse clicking I did) to participate in this year's A-Z blogging challenge. Setting goals for myself is not a personal strength of mine, but I seem to do well joining in with challenges other people come up with (that do not involve running great distances, of over half a mile). Thank you so much to the hosts and hostesses! 

I am not very competitive person, which is not to say that I don't like to win things, but this is the second time I have pushed myself to achieve a blog badge. This amuses my kids. It probably also disappoints them as there is no tangible reward for them to try to steal share with me.

I got a couple dozen new followers during April, and hope they come back to visit on regular days. I tried to be methodical with visiting other blogs, and then I tried some more. After visiting amongst my fifty closest list neighbors, things just got all willy-nilly. At times I felt badly for judging blogs by their titles, when I decided where to point the cursor. The ipad was a little more random...such tiny font...such large fingers. I think I will actually map out a new strategy now, as hopefully the list will be up for a while still. I was fascinated by the ideas folks came up with for themes! So very creative.

I didn't originally intend to author alliteration avenue adventures (sorry), but for some reason the letter E just brought that on. It was kind of hard to stop, especially since when I asked my mom if it was a bit much, she mentioned she enjoyed it. How could I risk disappointing a number one fan? I used my thesaurus more in those thirty days than in my whole lifetime. It never failed that I would run across, or hear, a really great word within five minutes of hitting publish...every...single...day. It was encouraging as other bloggers commenting started doing so using the letter for the day. It is funny how the end of the alphabet is so tricky...just as you're fighting to finish V, W, X, Y, Z?

Regrets? Not really. Oh, except when I was watching tv late last week and saw a Laverne & Shirley clip talking about "vo-dee-oh-doh-doh". That is letter V gold right there! I'd better write that down somewhere for next year.

14 comments:

  1. Found your blog through the A-Z Challenge blog reflection and decided that I liked you! :) I'm joining and will be back!

    www.hammockinthehoneysuckle.blogspot.com

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! "Your number one fan" sounds just like mine! :) I'm so glad to have met you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I found your blog during the a-z! Thanks for all of the laughs and educational public service messages...I know soooo many more signs now!

      Delete
  3. Well, I'M still here, if that helps! :) And I'm glad you are back to normal. That A-Z thing was fun but also tiring. Good for you for getting through it. And a badge, too? Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to see you! Normal might be a stretch, as I struggle a bit to find t what that is! (but I do know leggings aren't pants...thank you!)

      Delete
  4. You did absolutely wonderful with this challenge, and I hope you do it again next year. And you still managed to visit me, like the wonderful friend you are! I do hope that you didn't give out all the cookies, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I regret not having visited your blog . It sounds like you had a great time and congratulations for successfully finishing AtoZ challenge 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed the blog, the alliteration was fun! And it's always nice to have new blogging partners (and, well, the badges too. Badges, I love them stinkin' badges... Oop. Sorry... Heh...)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did well I think I would have done well if it was the abc of cussing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the A to Z challenge and though I didn't do as well this year as last year, I still love the fact that we can find new and interesting bloggers to follow. You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, just finding you through the A-Z. I love that you have larger type on your blog! That draws me in right away. I like your style, so I'm following. :-) You can visit me at my blog, if you'd like, just click on my name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making a list for topics for next year is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello.
    Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip.

    Congratulations on completing the challenge! It was actually my first time and I doubled up by doing NaPoWriMo for the first time too. I did struggle somewhat near the end with visiting & trying to keep up with my regular readers, but with advance planning, I shall definitely take part again next yer now I know what to expect.
    I enjoyed reading your reflections post. Thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete