Friday, May 25, 2012

Oh Canada!

Do things seem different here? Besides the font? Is there an air of mystery, or an international flair? That's because we went AWOL, all the way to Canada. Yep, we made that 2 1/2 drive, and I survived customs with a minimal amount of panic. I felt just as nervous as I did all of those years ago when we actually were bringing beer back into New York, BEFORE we were 21. I can only hope we get back into the states easily. I do not intend to try to smuggle any of those chocolate eggs with the prize inside, so we should be okay. The hubs just ran out for snacks, and will surely land some Coffee Crisp bars. We can stock up on those to bring back home since they are not choking hazards (phew). The son and I have been thinking of all of you, and took a few photos to share when we get back. Wonders of the world, indeed!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, welcome to Canada. I have had a few border customs adventures! Hope you have fun in my land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pics! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My home and native land!!! Green Aero bars (they're like chocolate, but green.) Crispies! Jelly Babies! Dolly Mixture! NOTL! Wine!! (oh, wait, I can get wine here.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't offer them any of your cookies, or they will never want to let you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the days of crossing the Canadian border willy nilly without a passport. Isn't it really north USA?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! And chocolate eggs with prizes inside sound awesome! I think you should smuggle some back :)

    ReplyDelete