Wednesday, May 2, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 8

Sometimes it is so bittersweet when the kids do things on their own that just scream to me how much older they have grown. However, I cannot deny the happiness that comes with a fresh baked batch of cupcakes, complete with frosting (that I didn't even have to get out of my chair to work on). 


Now if she would just take some interest in cleaning up her messes? OK, so maybe it does make me happy to still be needed for something.


It also makes me happy that I didn't even get in trouble for sneaking a piece of unfrosted cake. I love how she just frosted the rest like she didn't notice.







8 comments:

  1. Those look so dang yummy. Is that homemade batter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...couldn't....focus...on....words...want....cupcake....NOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want one of those cupcakes too. Home-baked as well, huh?

      Delete
    2. I think we ate them all, shall I have her make more?

      Delete
  3. Ha! love this!

    and my kids are getting older, too. 5 and 8 now. I normally go to Target by myself (it is my Happy Alone Time), but The Husband was at a baseball game last night and we did need paper towels, so bit the bullet and took both kids. It was like a dream! They were angels! They took turns pushing the cart, and then the other would put the things in the cart that I told him to. Translation: I did not have to push cart, nor lift a finger. Win/win. Best. Shopping. Trip. Ever.

    So getting bigger/ older can have some advantages........

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the Target trips that progressed from ignorance to "can I haVe this" to "this is what I am getting because i have my own money"

      Delete
  4. You sneaky girl. Gotta love someone who just frosts over a missing piece.

    ReplyDelete