Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for...

Zoom Theme Song...Zoomers, 1976.


A Serenade of Seventies songs, from the soundtrack of my life, is my theme for the A-Z challenge this year.

Yes! We made it to the end of the alphabet. Before I settled on this super swell seventies serenade, I had filled in an alphabetical list of television shows I watched as a kid. Either way, the letter z was staying the same.

This show? This song? Well, let's just say it was tough for me to accept that I was not going to be a Zoomer. Oh, how I wanted to hang out with those gruboovuby kubids! How I longed to know the secret of Fanny Dooley. I liked to think they wanted me, specifically and only me, to pack my bags and head to Boston. ("Please come to Boston." She said "No, won't you come home to me?" Sorry Dave Loggins, I just couldn't fit you in. Please accept this shout out and link as a sign of my seventies love.)


Come on and zooma zooma zoom
Come on and zooma zooma zooma zoom
Everybodys' having fun
Everybody's number one

I'm Andrea!
1976 with some of my loyal fans. Did you have that bedspread too?
Just in case you think song lyrics are the only thing taking up valuable space in my brain...
Write Zoom, z-double O-m
Box 350
Boston, Mass  O-2-1-3-4
Send it to Zoom!

I hope you've enjoyed this trip back in time as much as I have. Catch you on the flip side!

18 comments:

  1. Actually, I had a maxi dress made out of your bedspread. How weird is that? My mom picked out my clothes back then, so I had to where what she brought home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe this is the end! You made it all the way through. Good job!

    I have never in my life, ever ever, heard of Zoom. Either the show or the song. Weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch that show, but I can see how it would be appealing. Andrea, if they'd ever met you I KNOW that they would have wanted you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Zoom too! I think if you say 'remember Zoom' to anyone my age (50) in this region - New England, although I currently live just over the bridge from Cape Cod where I grew up - They will automatically sing the zip code. "OH two ONE three FOUR! SEND IT TO ZOOM!' Personally I thought it was a super weird show and I didn't like it but I did watch it. And I mastered that funky arm twirly twist thing that 'Bernadette' was able to do. Congrats on finishing A-Z and thank you for the musical walk down memory lane. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your theme for this A to Z- very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applause, applause, applause! This was so much fun! Makes me feel like bringing out the ol' bell bottoms. Aren't the kids in that video refreshing? If it were done now, all those kids would be gorgeous and well choreographed twerk-masters. Thanks for the fun ride, Andrea! Zoooomout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't remember the show but when I heard the song, it did sound familiar.

    My aunt had that bedspread. I had a similar one in dark blues ... I still fondly remember it as one of my faves.

    Congrats on finishing the A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Your posts helped revive some wonderful memories.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and reading some of the stories. I would appreciate it if you would take a few moments to vote for your favorite ones.
    http://peeekaaabooo.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-z-challenge-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be an American thing? Never heard it. Enjoyed this A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED Zoom!! I even wrote for my card with a pic of one of the zoomers. This post brought back so many memories! :) Love the photo with your loyal fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've heard this one before; did like your "retro" picture :)

    Congrats on finishing the challenge! I did enjoy reading and remembering the songs of the posts that I read!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrea - congratulations on all your remembrances .. and though I'm not the best at remembering songs when I hear them they zoom out at me ..

    Cheers and see you soon .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish! Loved all 26 of your entries for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Zoom! I hadn't seen the intro in years and let me just say I didn't remember all the details. Jennifer scared the heck out of me.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG.....I can still say the address, too!
    I loved the show, and I wanted Birmingham to have one sooooo badly.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAO I love the groovy rugby shirts. I had several of those, and my favorite one was the white and yellow one. I wore it for my sixth grade school picture which was about the time this show aired....
    I think I was beginning to out grow Zoom by this time....I don't remember these kids.
    I love your photo. My bedspread looks very similar!!!
    I'm Ricki Jill....watch me tap dance and try not to laugh so hard you wet yourself!

    I can remember writing letters to them....mine was never aired! :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Another great job on your music posts this year!
    Glad we got to tag along.
    Thanks for all the support for Stormy this month!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dude. You looked exactly like Dorothy from Oz. So cute. And never heard that song!

    ReplyDelete