Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for...

Xtras and Xceptions

A Serenade of Seventies songs, from the soundtrack of my life, is my theme for the A-Z challenge this year.

A lot of my musical taste and wisdom in the seventies came from my father. We spent many a car ride together entertaining ourselves, and each other, with song. It is not very often that we get to go back and relive childhood memories, and sometimes when we try we are disappointed. I got lucky. I only had to ask my father once to agree to making a singing video. Then last week, I actually managed to have my camera ready and cornered him before we got out of his car. This video starts with our discussion over what songs we had on our lists of favorites from our seventies road trip concerts.

Please excuse the editing I did. The camera started beeping at me at one point and I panicked as my father had just embarked on a story about a dance contest he took part in. I got things back on track though. Oh, maybe excuse the singing voice as well? So, um, this is me and my dad...


I was not disappointed in the least!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant video - thank you for the laugh this morning :) I think we're all going to have fun with X today :) Your Dad is great :)
    I'm hoping my link will work this time.

    Fil
    Fil’s Place - Old Songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope - not working ... don't know why ..
    well I'm at www.fil-campbell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that was incredible! Great video. You are always surprising us. Maybe your Dad could teach you his winning dance routine?? I'm sure he remembers every step. (I love how he said he was stilled scarred from it, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really special! I'm so excited you got to capture some of that music with you and your father singing! What a treasure. I love the dance routine story. Of course, now we need to see a video of you two dancing it...as a finally! Or you could dance to ZZ top on Wednesday... ;)
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dad is the most adorable thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this so much and it wasn't even my dad. You will be so happy that you thought to make this video. You will treasure this forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a precious clip you will have after your dad is gone. So GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my GOSH. This is worth gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I wish I had a video of my dad. This is outstanding.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering what you were going to do for X!

    I have to tell you, I have a wide smile that has not left my face since pressing play. What a charming video! Oh my goodness, I so enjoyed watching this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tears. I really miss my dad...he was my singing buddy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww!!! That was wonderful!!

    Double Hugs!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This may well be the most adorable thing I have ever watched! I love your dad. Nice Rockin' Robin moves, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG you two are ADORABLE!! LOVED watching you two interact and remember songs - and even sing some!! This? Makes me love you even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this video!!! :D It was worth watching it just hearing y'all singing Bobby Darin, one of my all-time favorites! So sweet. I wish I had a video like this of my father and I...or maybe my uncle because he was so dang fun!

    You've got me thinking about the first sone I remember...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete