Friday, June 20, 2014

The Contest* - Week 3

*It's kind of catchy, isn't it?

Are you wondering what's going on here? You can find out all about it by clicking here for my version of the story, or here for Marianne's.  Since my letter writing rival shared one of her beauty secrets last week, I figured I'd share one of mine this time.


Dear Burt's Bees,



"You're wearing lipstick!" That statement has never been said to me in a way that sounds like cause for celebration or compliment. It was almost as if someone was concerned that I may not have realized that I left the house without washing off a fun round of dress up. As if people were thinking less corpse-like, but less model-like as well. Make up scares me, like most other things that I do not know, which might explain why my current collection consists of mascara. How far can I really stray with three color choices and one application method? Some days I know I need more, but colors like Fuschia Shock, Rich Girl Red and Socialite are far too intimidating for my face as well as my ego.



When I get invited out with my more pulled together friends, I want to make an effort, but do not feel compelled to Enamor, Smolder, or Captivate. How are those even colors? There is nothing in my palette like that. I also ran across a product called lip stain. That certainly sounded far beyond any health and beauty commitment I was willing to make.



My lips tend to be chapped very often...just another perk of being a mouth-breathing, seasonal allergy ridden kind of girl - very Smoldering and Euphoric as you can imagine. One day I decided to give your lip balm a try. I knew it was working wonders immediately when I felt that tingle. Instant gratification. Soon after, I spotted your tinted lip balm, so I grabbed some for days when I feel just a little jazzy.



It wasn't long before I found myself standing in front of the grand Burt's Bees display. Shimmer sticks. Watermelon, Rhubarb, Caramel, Raisin and Champagne! All things I had heard of, that are found in nature and I enjoy. I knew I could not go wrong and collected one of each. No tissue blotting necessary, nor any alerts needed as to what has appeared on my face. I can feel confident that discerning eyes will know that I have made some effort, but in a more natural, less Ringling Brothers kind of way. I have never even seen your shimmer on my teeth. My lips feel fabulous!



Sealed with a kiss,

Andrea Casarsa

The response? A letter. They were very happy about my love and positive feedback for their products. So much so that "Heather" suggested I get the word out by visiting their website to share my feedback with other users. Do other users really need to know the products they already use are swell? Would my endorsement have made them feel even better about their choices? Maybe if I had been done a favor, say a coupon in that envelope, I'd have returned it by checking in at their www address. I guess instead I will just share my love for them with all of you...while I pout...with my moisturized Peony lips.

1 point. Add that to my 5 from last week for a total 6 points. Visit the Yeti Marianne to check out the object of her affection for this week! 

14 comments:

  1. I love Burt's Bees stuff. I am such a penny cruncher that I only buy when their stuff is on sale. My mom loves them even more... so there is a lot of love in our family for The Bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See there, I confirmed what you already knew!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, come on Burt! Give a girl some love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Burt's missed the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah well. You tried. I like their chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent letter that deserved a great gift.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this feature of yours? The results always build such anticipation for me.
    Is Burt having hard times? Can they not spare a single tube of chapstick for someone who sings their praises and takes the time to write a letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the let down isn't too crushing ;) Maybe I should've written to Chapstick...I mean come on, what's better than rubbing the equivalent of a candle on your lips!

      Delete
    2. oh, Chapstick, if you're watching, I meant that in a great way! I have smoothed on/eaten my fair share of your product in my life! Cherry was the scent of my winter youth!

      Delete
  7. I love Burt's Bees. I have never branched out beyond their standard lip balm, but now I'm inspired by your peony pout. Maybe tweet them a pic of your pout & you'll score a coupon?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this letter. It definitely should have received a better response. I am a fan of the tinted lip balm myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I am totally NOT buying Burts Bees.
    I bet Chap Stick would have sent you a cool KISS MY SASS shirt or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Burt's Bees, but not enough to write them a letter about it. I think you should get two points for this letter, just because it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This make me want to boycott BB. What's wrong with these people??

    -andi

    ReplyDelete