Monday, January 7, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness - 41, 42, 43

Yikes! I fell behind here a bit, but in my quest for organization on at least some small level, I am going to try to get caught up. Of course I am also a fairly decent rule follower (on occasion) so I have my calendar in front of me, along with some date stamped photos because I wouldn't want to cheat! (Yes, it is bizarre to me as well exactly when I choose to have some standards for myself.) Sooooo...

Week 41 - Otherwise known as the one that should've been posted around December 20...

The holiday concerts were one thing that made me happy that week.
Second row from the right second seat in.
It was difficult for me to actually see my son during his concert, but I was happy that he and his friends were willing to cheese it up beforehand...



Week 42 - Ho ho ho!

Once the final throws of stress melted away, the holidays made me very happy (and not just because of the food and cookies). This picture from Christmas Eve captured the current oldest and youngest members of one side of our family. It made me happy to be able to celebrate with loved ones.
We packed up the sleigh on Christmas Day and hit the thruway so we could catch up with another side of the family. There were two babies born this year that we had not had the pleasure to meet, so it made me very happy to do so!










Oh, and we were also in attendance for the annual gifting from Tres Zie (three aunts). There was singing (in English and Italian) about how all they wanted for Christmas was a notecard from their children, and then we all received packs of notecards for various occasions, complete with custom stamps. We were told we could only send the cards to each other...have they met me? It made me happy to witness this spectacle with the rest of my cousins (missed you Anthony, Sara and your babes), as the usual second solo performance has never quite captured the moment like this did.


Week 43 - Snow!


It made me happy to get outside and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beautiful snow! I got new boots for Christmas, so I was very happy to have warm feet for a change.


Hope you all have been finding much happiness as well lately!

9 comments:

  1. Looked like a perfectly perfect holiday time with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful family! Lots of music, laughter, and fun to go with all that great food.

    I totally would have been sledding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for snow....we don't get much here, and I miss it at Christmastime. What great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you hold YOURSELF accountable. :) Lots of happy holiday moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll enjoy your happy for now. :D

    It must be so nice to get to spend Christmas with your extended family like that....and that little baby is so sweet....wow 2 babies in one year! What a great blessing....

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, what a lovely post. Sounds like you had a marvelous holiday with the family.
    I just ate to much pie and choked on dust bunnies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the aunts. Love the sentiment. I really want to be Italian now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait until the occasion arises for you that fits one of the cards in my assortment!

      Delete