As I was reveling in the sanity I kept through yesterday's transportation issues, the universe was thinking up funny little ways to tempt my tingling tantrum senses. Our television was not working this morning, so my son just sat and ate his breakfast pretty much in the dark. (We don't turn on many lights at 6:15, as we prefer a gentle wake up.) I was worried he was going to fall back to sleep mid Pop-Tart chew (oh yeah, I am that much of an overachieving wholesome breakfast provider!) I poured the dog's food into his water dish, but he fell right in line with the kids and did not complain. I was so agitated by the whole television thing, but I got over it (when I got it to work).
The house is a pretty decent advertisement for folks who need a cleaning lady, as opposed to being where one actually lives. I was thrilled to realize I had you to turn to, as this blog has some housekeeping issues I need to tackle. I lack the technology to do a thorough spring cleaning, so I will tend to what I can...
First of all, a belated thank you to the lovely Lizbeth at Four Sea Stars for tagging me with this award! It's pretty and could give me cred with my kids (and their friends and their friends' mothers)...I am an award winning MOTHER and/or blogger. (It's my award, so I can put the emphasis where I choose, no?) Lizbeth makes me laugh, cry and frequently forward posts to people I love, who know exactly what she's talking about. (Oh, and I didn't just thank her because it's in the rules...even though it is in the rules.)
I am supposed to tell you ten things about myself that you may or may not know. Hmmm...let's come back to that!
Now I must blindfold myself and spin around and around, then point to six other folks to share the flair with. Hmmm...I'm kind of comfy and tired, so I think I'll just skip the blindfolded wandering and consult my magic list...(drumroll)
Not Just Another Mother Blogger - She has been a friend since the first time I wandered over to her place. She makes me laugh and think...even though I usually check in at 6:00 a.m. That is no easy task at that time of day!
Kirb Appeal - From decor to everyday happenings, this lady's got it going on!
The Big Green Bowl - I can't get her, or her baked goods, out of my head! I saw Meyer lemons at our grocery store today, and there was Meyer infused olive oil on the counter at my parents', so that's probably a sign since Michael Ann has a tree of them right in her very own yard!
Seeking Elevation - Love the chance to read about her international adventures. Plus her other tales are entertaining or gripping and always well written.
Taking it On - I can honestly say that I don't recall how I stumbled upon this "Fitness Mom Blog". I just noticed that badge at the bottom of her page. Seriously, I'm glad she hasn't blocked my unfit butt from hanging out at her place! I find her inspiring...I just have to figure out what I am inspired to do!
Kids Galore Plus More - I am killing two birds with one stone here on my task list. (Yay!) I gently encouraged (and by that, I mean nagged) my friend Elaine to start her own blog. I wanted to introduce you to her, and this seems like a swell way to do that since she deserves an award (as you will see).
Oh boy! Back to me again...
I looked back at the last time I noted some fascinating things about myself (other than my typical goings on), and was alarmed to find that I am not so fascinating! Go figure.
1. I can hold a grudge like you can only imagine.
2. I have an amazing memory for most things. This lends extra special zing to #1.
3. I have never had a manicure, nor pedicure (something about missing most of my two big toenails ruins that idea for me...too much info?)
4. I have no "beauty routine". I recently acquired some foundation that may, or may not, be the correct color. My other "supplies" consist of eyeliner, (that I haven't been using since it tends to wander off down my face) mascara, blush and two eyeshadow packs that sort of intimidate me. It would be fancy for me to wash my face with something pricier than Ivory soap.
5. I have a little spot in my heart for Barry Manilow. His album had the lyrics inside, and what nine year old girl doesn't want to sing her heart out to Daybreak?
(half way there...am I losing you?)
6. I am afraid. That pretty much sums it up. Yup, I would say that at any/every given moment I am afraid of something or other.
7. I have no poker face. There are so many times when I am in a near panic thinking "Oh dear...what is my face doing right now?" It is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Plus, if I think someone is full of crap, I don't really have it in me to tell them so in words...but I probably don't have to.
8. First impressions mean a lot to me, and the second one makes or breaks it.
(hmmm...could I find some less bitchy ones to wrap it up here!?)
9. There are quite a few people who think I can cook, but you know what, I kind of can't. I can follow a recipe, but I have to follow that recipe. I have no sense of how to just throw different ingredients together to make something palatable. And cooking times? Forget it. Anything beyond boneless chicken breasts at 400 for 20 minutes is probably coming out overcooked (because as you may figure, undercooked meat sort of scares me.)
10. I have next to no idea how to style hair, or use product (even if by product you mean that can of mousse in the drawer). I just approach my hair like a stubborn child and assume I will not be able to get it to do anything it does not want to do. I try to pick my battles with it, but even still...
Now don't you just wish you lived next door!? Thank you so much for reading...really, truly I mean that with not an ounce of sarcasm!