Monday, April 22, 2019

S is for...

Stacy's Mom...Fountains of Wayne, 2003

The time has finally come when I ought to celebrate the aughts, and the music they brought, for the a-z challenge this year

This song was utterly inescapable when it came out. I never got tired of it though. We had all of their cds and each had our favorite song that we would sing louder than anyone else in the car. I think mine was either Radiation Vibe or Red Dragon Tattoo (a 1996 and 1999 song, which is why neither showed up for R). My husband and I went to see them in concert in 2004. Not only was it a great concert, but there was something believable and relatable in their performance. 


3 comments:

  1. That was some peak music video experience right there, where the video was probably more interesting than the song (which was also good, too). Does that still happen? I haven't been watching music videos a whole lot recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still a catchy tune. My guys at work play it on "oldies" day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a flashback!

    Ronel visiting with the A-Z Challenge music and writing: Something Local

    ReplyDelete