When we arrived at the weekly volunteer gig, there seemed to be an issue in the kitchen. The chef extraordinaire thought she smelled pot. Our primary concern was for her safety, as we know she is allergic to that particular grass. A basic sniff, with just human olfactics, did indicate that there was something amiss.
A quick untie and flip of the apron, and the caped wonder was on the scene, flinging open the oven doors. Gas! It smelled like gas. The building was evacuated until the fire department arrived and confirmed that one of the ovens did have a gas leak. No meals were harmed, and within fifteen minutes we were back in the building. Business as usual, minus one oven.