Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Keeping the random rolling

Just when I start to panic that I have no random to share, I throw the SD card in the computer and voila! In keeping with my current "everything must go" approach, and not hanging onto the dream of a picture getting its own post, let's get rolling....

The Rainbow Loom came into our home a couple of weeks ago, and while my daughter is having a blast, Fozzie remains unimpressed.

My mother's cat is unimpressed by Fozzie, and all of his canine glory. In response to the notion of a downward dog yoga position, she has come up with her own cat-tastic pose.

I am not sure why these letter tiles were on clearance, unless it had something to do with the fact that there are fifteen pieces.

Thank goodness the J and Z were two of them.

I was not prepared at all for what we saw around the corner at the craft store. Yes, I am used to holiday decor being out long before it should be, but the cheetah line? I am not sure that should ever be available.
There is a deviled egg holder on that top shelf! What outfits are appropriate to wear if you intend to fill those picture frames? And on the bottom shelf? Cheetah balls! Wait, is that leopard instead? Totally acceptable if it is.

I started to suspect that my candy thermometer was failing a few years ago, so I bought another, but that one really seemed off. I am not sure I understand why putting both in the pot seemed like a helpful plan since I don't know which, if either, is right. I actually ended up pulling the plug ten degrees early because things were looking and smelling on the brink of burnt.
The caramel corn was not a complete disaster though. Very quick to set. I assume this is how it is intended to be eaten.

While we're talking food, sometimes it is hard to decide between a ziti dinner and pizza night. Luckily there are pizza places that don't make you decide.


I don't know what to say, but had to share...
...a moment of silence for Christopher Robin and his friends?

So we went to a cross-country meet downstate this past weekend to see the kids' friends. From 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. every ten minutes, this was what the starting line looked like...
In addition to not trampling those guys doing the announcing, they had to funnel onto this trail.
It was so cool...from where we stood...not running!


Now run on over to see what Stacy is randomly rambling about!
Stacy

9 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHA! Where to begin? First I laugh-snorted at Fozzie's new look, then the cat-tastic pose had me losing it, then of course the Cheetah/Leopard Christmas decor (yikes!!) but especially you attempting to eat that big hunka-hunka caramel corn. ;) In other words, you crack me up! And thank you so much for hanging in there with me each week! You are a ROCK STAR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fozzie!!! You look fantastic, Babe. You look like an extra on the TV show Saved By The Bell with your scrunchie!

    WTH? Is that for kangaroo meat? I think I just threw-up in my mouth a little.... :/

    LOL Got to love the caramel corn! That's one big honkin' piece.

    I love your random posts....they are too much dang fun!

    Have a great rest of the week!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that cheetah Christmas stuff is just horrible. What on earth was the thought process behind that? You know there was bound to have been some sort of meeting where the cheetah stuff was chosen. I wonder who their market is supposed to be? Love your caramel corn - HA. You should try handing those big logs out for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is an accurate candy thermometer on the market today. At least not one that I have found. Thank goodness holiday cheetah tableware and decor is available though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. So, I started reading this the other night when you posted, then got distracted by something (probably shiny), and never finished!! Then again, I just discovered that I'd seen most of the rest of it, so that's a relief.

    My son wants the Rainbow Loom for xmas. I told him Santa may be able to get it. His friends make him all these bracelets that he wears all up and down his arms. It reminds me of the jelly bracelets we used to wear back in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...candy. I wouldn't even begin to know what to do with a candy thermometer. I am still learning about using a meat thermometer, and not very successfully, I might add!

    Lord, some people do go overboard with the animal prints. I know a couple of people who are all over the zebra print, and I mean ALL over. Zebra print wall paper, zebra print lampshades, zebra print car seats...it's kind of sickening, visually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my..... you always make me laugh out loud!!! Love the sign about kangaroo for sale...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just what I needed to pull me out of this FUNk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm catching up! And now I want Kangaroo! By the pound!

    ReplyDelete