Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Random zoo

In an effort to do something fun as a family, while also getting some fresh air, we decided to take the kids to the zoo recently. I have spent a great deal of time trying to decide whether or not these photos are appropriate to share. Well, I know they are inappropriate, but the longing to share them anyway just would not go away. (No wonder I can't get anything done with such pressing matters weighing on my mind.) Please bear in mind that this post will take a turn into some possibly kid unfriendly places, so either minimize the screen if you see small people coming, or get a ridiculous explanation ready...

Let's start here just incase...

 ...sometimes you have to order the BIG salad.

I think he is hoping they bring him some Windex and a paper towel to clean his own damn window.

Penguins are funny...simple as that.

Baby elephants are cute. This is Chuck and his mother or grandmother.

Llamas amuse me...

Oh hey bespeckled bears. What's going on in there? What's that one...
...OH MY GOSH!!!! (And I am happy to report that I was not the woman who said she thought it would be bigger.)
 So limber...
 OK, now he's just hamming it up...
Yes, I took a few pictures. Yes, we lingered longer than a family needed to (ok, the husband actually did walk away...and the fifteen year old boy might have left before his mom), but seriously? Part of the reason I was rooted was that there were families with smaller children headed our way and I had to hear whatever was going to be said. Here is precisely what I would have missed...(I would guess that the girl was about five) "He's cleaning his turtle! Just like my bunny used to?"

Sing it! We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. How about you, you, you. You can come too, too, too. We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

Hum on over to Stacy's to see what tune of random other folks are in!
Stacy





17 comments:

  1. YEs, quite limber! Gotta love the zoo for fostering those special talks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I'm wiping tears of laughter from my eyes about ordering the "big salad." I'm going to have to wait a few minutes before I can see so I can read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If human men could do that, I don't think they'd ever marry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But who would make their dinner while they were busy?

      Delete
  4. I love the zoo. Maybe not for the same reason you were glued to the bear habitat, but . . . haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Limber is right! I hope you weren't charged extra for the free show...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would have walked away also and then I would be forced to say that he did because he was jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO. Yeah, I would have probably stayed longer than necessary. And taken pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you stayed...and took pics....heee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROTFLMAO....I really needed to read this post today of all days! Thanks for telling me about it. Happy belated anniversary!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What in the world?? I had no idea that went on in the animal kingdom.

    OH MY GARSH.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He certainly is ummmm.....flexible isn't he.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No better place for a biology (or is it anatomy?) lesson than the zoo!

    ReplyDelete