Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ouch!

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like you are wound so tight, yet know you could completely unravel in an instant? You've tried to disperse the weight of whatever has you twitting so that your shoulders can relax a bit, as opposed to being hunched somewhere up around your earlobes? You've tried to rationalize why certain things bother you, and while you may come up with a few answers, the reality is that you feel more foolish for realizing that you are carrying baggage over twenty years old? Terribly out of style, as well as awkward and heavy. Did you ever put on your big girl undies and decide to just head outside to shoot hoops, in an attempt to get over yourself? How about turning at just the wrong moment, and catching the basketball in the face...and having THAT become the moment you can't keep it together anymore? Then you try to stifle the tears, so that the child who nailed you with the ball doesn't have to feel like they are the sole cause of the day's pain. Just a quick, head slightly tilted, walk to the bathroom where you get to cry your eyes out until you feel a little better-ready to gather up your thread again. Oh, you haven't had one of those days? Maybe it's just me...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have had that kind of day, more often than I would like!! But I'm not that good at holding back my tears--once the waterworks start, that's all she wrote! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is called PMS and I am NOT making light of it. I suffered for 30 years, not realizing what it was until the last 10 (you MUST remember those days, lots of screaming & crying). There is, of course, medication you can take, but I did't take that road. I wish I could WISH this away for you, I really do know what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear you....but that is not the culprit...this time :)

    ReplyDelete