Saturday, July 2, 2011

Latest reason to celebrate

Well I learned a lesson this week that I am fairly certain should've already been planted in my brain somewhere. Rest assured I will file it in a more accessible spot now. In another moment of my glamorous life as a house cleaner, I managed to get hit in the head with a vacuum cleaner. I didn't realize how many stairs from the top I had cleaned when the sucking monster must've decided to lunge down upon me. The noise of the appliance itself prevented me from hearing any warning signals of the impending attack. One second I was eradicating someone's basement stairs of kitty litter, and the next I was almost sent down the remaining stairs to meet certain doom. It hurt. That might've gone without saying, but I didn't want you to think I had been grazed by a lightweight Oreck. Please make a mental note, that if you do find yourself in a situation where you are forced to vacuum stairs, put the giant sucking machine at the bottom of the staircase. You're welcome!

The best I can do at moments like these is to consider the blogging possibilities, or even responsibilities. There is a chance that you may find the tale amusing (because it wasn't you) and that is fine. It also might be my duty to pass on this public service message about the potential perils and precautions involved with housework.

My efforts were recognized this week by Kathy at
The Midlife Woman. Sashay on over to her blog to weigh in on the topic of midlife redheads wearing purple shades (absolutely), and to see that I made it on her list! I was so excited, and had my own brief Sally Field "they really like me!" moment. I was quickly whisked back to reality by the looks on my children's faces suggesting that they had no intention of breaking out the pom-poms and cheer squad for me. I reminded them that I cheerlead for them, on a daily basis...What? That's in my job description? Oh yeah, that's right! So I would like to give a big thank you to Kathy for making me feel like someone was rooting for me out here in the blogosphere...you made my day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment