Friday, December 14, 2018

Top O' the Mornin' to Ya!

The other day somebody asked me what my grandmother's ancestry results said. The notion that one person out there reading was curious, of course led me to believe that the other ten of you are probably on pins and needles as well! Spoiler alert: I did promptly put this ornament of hers on our tree...
During the several weeks of processing time, I did occasionally wonder what the results would say. My biggest fear was that the report was going to come back "inconclusive due to mishandled and/or less than adequate saliva." Instead, we found out at least one thing we suspected was true...
...she is, indeed, 100% Blanche. The only thing alarming about this number is that I quickly deduced that I am 25% Blanche, and that just seems high. Let's get down to some more specifics...


Pour me a blonde Guinness and get that corned beef cooking! In the meantime, how about a crepe? While France was not mentioned in those recent video clips, it was always in the reports she gave me when we were both much younger.

I admit that this is one of the first things I did... 
 ...so that confirmed Iberia was a thing, but did not offer me much of a sense of where to find it.
Ah! (Admit it, you weren't sure either. You're welcome!)

3 comments:

  1. Gracias? is that close to Iberian language? more research needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually being Portuguese I knew where Iberia was. I really need to do the Ancestry one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was 100 percent Blanche.

    ReplyDelete