Friday, April 17, 2015

O is for...

One Day at a Time

Shows I was watching in the seventies is my theme for the A-Z challenge this April.


This is it!


Are you up on your feet? 

While you're here, enjoy the view...

Man was Bonnie Franklin spunky! Three cheers for Anne Romano! Valerie Bertinelli's Barbara was all that. I know I should've loved Mackenzie Phillips as Julie, but I just didn't. Maybe it was just that I saw Barbara as the superior sister, or just could not accept Julie's wardrobe. I tried to embrace all things seventies clothing, but her bell bottoms were just a certain kind of awful.

Chipping away at the a-z! Don't you worry none we'll just take it like it comes.

7 comments:

  1. Yes Bonnie Franklin was a pistol. I remember Schneider with the cigarette pack rolled up in his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this show too! I always thought Julie was so bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh...Mackenzie Phillips. What a disastrous life she's had.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the show too and I also related more to Barbara than Julie. And she certainly had her issues with drug addiction in those days too. Caused a lot of disruption on the show as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, and a great reminder of a show that was very upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh, you're taking me back to the good old days. I did enjoy this one. And I have to agree with your sister assessment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the things that run through my head as I try to fall asleep... I started thinking about what certain bloggers would post for the letter O today. And the only one I knew for sure was YOU. One Day At A Time. And I was and you were and it was. How about that? Loved this show:)

    ReplyDelete