Thursday, December 1, 2011

December!

The fact that it is December means that it is no longer November (yes, I do have a four year degree). That means that NaNoWriMo has come and gone (phew). I started out like gangbusters and even tried to write fiction for a few days, then went back to non-fiction practically mid-sentence. A few days later I realized that my life might not be exciting enough to crank another 50,000 words out of it this year. Then the stomach bug hit and I swear claimed a solid week of my sanity, even if I was only stranded on the couch for one day by my own queasiness (after being numero uno bucket holder for others one other day). I also received that super swell Versatile Blogger award, so that distracted me too with its pretty color. I decided that instead of caving completely, I would set a new goal of 10,000 words-not terribly lofty, I know, since I think I had over 9,000 when I decided. I finished at 10,141, and felt pretty ok about myself for a change!

OK, so maybe it helped my ego that one of the first three bloggers I check in on every day had slipped me one of these lovelies...

Thank you so much NotJustAnotherMotherBlogger! Liebster is the German word for friend or love. My google search (rules, I need rules people) told me that the aim of this award is to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Oh, and I think the giver is a fan of the recipients blog...did that go without saying? Well, I'm saying it because it makes me feel special! Seriously, I am happy to get this award from a blogger who writes so beautifully and has made me laugh and cry with stories she has told. Most of all, she has made me stop to think, to actually consider my opinions, like an actual adult. So, Thank you!

Now the tricky part is, that since I did some Liebster research, I feel compelled to follow the rules. However, I am going to bend them a little instead perhaps, since I am not certain precisely how many followers a couple of these blogs have. I am going to share the love, so that you can go check out these folks and share the love too!

Facebooking from the Edge - I have not showered this blog with nearly enough love considering all of the laughs it has brought me! The reason is that I was reading it on the elliptical every morning via email. That posed two problems 1) I was not savvy enough to remember that I could go onto the actual post to comment and 2) If I had, the typing might've knocked me right off before my 20 minutes was up. Anybody who can make me laugh at 6:45 a.m. WHILE I am pretending to exercise is worthy!

Just a Lil Blog - I happened upon this blog when we had both done guest posts over at Yeah. Good Times. I don't just visit him because he hangs with the cools kids though. I love the stories this father tells with such care, concern and honesty.

The Wily Weez - Sometimes a girl's just gotta laugh and sometimes she's gotta vent. This super lady gives plenty of chances for both.

Musings of a Sarcastic Mind - Did you just read the title of the blog? Why would you have any questions about why I love her?

Angie Uncovered - She's got a lot of topics to cover, and I enjoy them all. She is also really holding her own in the weekly showdowns with Wag the Dad.

Now I hope that Blogger is reading my list because he (sorry for assuming he's a male) has been acting a bit wonky as of late. Apparently he's been getting tips from the way TiVo operates, and is showing me only updates on blogs I follow that he thinks I am particularly interested in, but is leaving out a heap of others! Here I was in despair thinking some folks had fallen off the edge of the blogosphere. How dare he stress me out like that!? I am still trying to catch up on all I missed! Now I am just ignoring his list of updates and going to each blog individually...I'll just do it myself---ugh! (Yeah, still just talking about the guy that is Blogger Update, any similarities to my feelings about men who I might live with are purely coincidental!)

13 comments:

  1. Wow... I am honestly touched. And pretty thrilled. I don't comment much either, because it's a pain in the arse to do it on my phone, so I totally get it... But once, just once, I'd kinda like to see what happens if you try it while on the elliptical. You know, for research. Because I have a scientific mind. *cough* Thank you so much, Andrea!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Andrea! Thank you so much! I am sorry my blog ate your comment. Blogger has been messing with me lately that way and I was switching to Disqus comments when you commented. SO... Again, thank you so much for reading my gibberish as I sort through the thoughts of my confused and tangential mind. ~hugs~ I will do my best to make you proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to thank the academy!

    I really need to fix my blog, because I have the same situation. . . read blogs before I do anything else. . . but lately blogger has been botching my reading list. Not listing blogs I follow. Sometimes I hit refresh and blogs I just saw updated disappear. I hit refresh again. . . sometimes they come back!

    It's pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Andrea! And also thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award. I'm now heading off to check out the other honorees.
    P.S. The first line of your post made me snort out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay and congrats! I hope you're feeling better. And the yay was for the award, not for being sick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Paula at Willy Weez (that's how I found you). I'll have to check out some of these others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for the fun new blogs to check out! If you like them, I will probably like them because I like you. (and that reasoning is WITHOUT a four year degree!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Now I have a bunch of new blogs to read!!!

    I LOVE your blog, and wish that you lived next door so I could steal your cookies! Hmmm...that may not have sounded right, but the sentiment was positive, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Congratulations! Lotsa liebstering here.

    I'm so excited to check out these new links. I could use a hearty chuckle while on the elliptical! Crank up the heart rate to the max, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Andrea, you deserve it! I have not read any of the blogs you mentioned so I'm excited to go view them!

    I hope you are feeling better!
    Michael Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. What! It's December?!! And I'm sure you're right about Blogger being a man. I mean, it never does what I want it to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on getting above 10,000 on NaNoWriMo. The next time you go at it -- assuming next time you have good health throughout November -- you'll make it all the way.

    ReplyDelete