Wednesday, April 20, 2011

whoops...



Bring Tuesday back in general, as I seem to have missed it! We are caught in that limbo vacation-land mindset of not really knowing the time or day. We went away for the weekend, but didn't do that in the usual time frame (left home on Sunday), so all hope is gone of getting myself on track. The best I can do at this point is to show up for work when I am expected, which is luckily at the same time for the next three days! Well, this discussion of my lost sense of calendar skills is not terribly random nor out of the ordinary at all, so moving on...


* What is the secret to the yummy bagels of downstate New York, and why isn't anyone in Central New York trying harder to find it?! I wonder where the line of demarcation was, as we headed north on the Thruway yesterday, where the bagels stopped being so yummy.

* I am getting agitated by the items on my to-do list this week. There are not enough bonus items that can be quickly crossed off. In fact, most of them I need to actually leave the house for!

* Part of the point of a part time job came from my realization that my children don't really need me around in their faces as much anymore. So, why is it so hard for me to remove myself from their line of sight when I thought I had already accepted that change?

* I sucked up something odd when I was vacuuming under the bed at someone else's house. (Well that was probably a given, as I can't remember the last time I graced the underside of my own bed with a vacuum cleaner hose.) It looked vaguely reminiscent of some wacko exercise strap system from the seventies at first. Then, I thought it was a velcro leash type of arrangement to keep the bed owner's cat tethered to the bed...oops, but they were on all four "legs" of the bed...and there was only one cat. I just hope someone appreciated that the dust bunnies got removed from the restraints. I must make a note to self, and cleaning customers, that I do not remove things like mice from traps, nor humans from restraints.


I really don't know where to go from there, and since it isn't actually Tuesday where I am anymore, I guess I'll just mosey along.



2 comments:

  1. Everyone I know says its the water in the city that's the secret. I had heard about a pizza shop that imported Brooklyn water to make their crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i was talking about the bagels, not what possesses people to put restraint systems on their beds, but who knows, maybe there is something in the water.

    ReplyDelete